A Driving Licence is an essential document for operating vehicles of different categories regardless of whether they are transport or non-transport vehicles. Every individual who is looking forward to driving along the roads within India and elsewhere throughout the world is required to have a driving license issued by the local transport authority before he or she is allowed to use mechanized vehicles.
The state of Chhattisgarh ( CG )is not an exception to this rule and people will be required to contact the Chhattisgarh Transport Department for obtaining a permanent or a learner’s driving license which is suitable for their requirements.
Do You Need Driving Licence in Chhattisgarh ( CG )
The process of liberalization of the Indian economy had begun in 1994 and perhaps proved to be an advantage for Chhattisgarh when it was formed during the year 2000. Technological developments had already expanded within the country and in the state of Madhya Pradesh. It is certain that part of the developments would have been shared with the new state making it easier for Chhattisgarh CG to have the latest methods of giving people opportunities to apply for and obtain driving licenses.
The Chhattisgarh transport department did not waste a great deal of time in establishing its websites where people who have access to the Internet along with the technology needed can submit applications for learners and permanent driving licenses. Chhattisgarh has a road network of 8031 km out of which 3078 km belong to the national highways which are passing through the state. Unfortunately, they are mostly in poor condition and are considered to be similar to the road network which can be seen in the northeastern state of Assam.
The Chhattisgarh ( CG ) Transport Department
Chhattisgarh is a state within central India with a population of 28 million. The state is acknowledged as a source of electricity and steel and is known as one of the fastest developing states within India. Chhattisgarh contributes 15% of the quantity of steel produced within the country. The problem of inadequate public transportation affects the state of Chhattisgarh ( CG ) just as it does within other states around the country, and it is to combat this problem that the state government of Chhattisgarh Chhattisgarh ( CG ) has established the Chhattisgarh Transport Department which is responsible for effective movement of vehicles within the state apart from issuing driving licenses for vehicles of different categories.
Chhattisgarh ( CG ) was originally a part of Madhya Pradesh and was only formed on November 1, 2000 after partitioning the 16 districts from Madhya Pradesh where the dialect spoken by people from Chhattisgarh was popular. The capital of the state was designated as Raipur and 27 districts are included within the state. After being formed during the beginning of the century one could perhaps hold an impression that the state of Madhya Pradesh would have provided all arrangements for the newly partitioned state to function appropriately with all facilities in place. However, Chhattisgarh ( CG ) was required to make a fresh beginning, particularly regarding the subject of transportation, which received priority because it had a sizable population and was also involved in exports apart from making a large contribution to the production of steel.
Categories Of Driving License
The government of Chhattisgarh ( CG ) has specified certain regulations which an applicant who is looking forward to applying for a driving license will have to adhere to.
The poor road network within the state of Chhattisgarh should not give people an impression that vehicles do not ply in or exist within the state. The population within the state depends on vehicles, which are owned by private individuals for commuting to various places despite the bad conditions on the roads. With the existence of vehicles, it was essential for the state also to set up the Chhattisgarh transport department in order to facilitate smooth movement and also to ensure that people had the legal documents needed to drive in accordance to the laws.
Below are the categories of vehicles against which a Driving License Application can be made.
- Motorcycles with an engine capacity of 50 cc or lower than 50 cc.
- Motorcycles which have gears along with an engine capacity in excess of 50 cc or more, Light Motor Vehicles [LMV’s] which also includes cars.
- Motorcycles of all types, including those with gears.
- Motorcycles with an engine capacity of any type but without gears and these can include scooters and mopeds.
- Light motor vehicles for personal use.
- Light motor vehicles for commercial purposes.
- JCB, Excavator, Construction HGV
- Heavy passenger motor vehicle. These vehicles are provided by a document which is identified as the All India Driving Permit and the document is issued for trucks, buses, cars and is also classified as an open license.
- Heavy goods motor vehicle.
- Individuals who are holding a heavy vehicle driving license are also qualified to apply for a licence to drive heavy trailers.
Eligibility For Driving Licence in Chhattisgarh ( CG )
Are you Eligible to obtain Driving licence in Chhattisgarh ( CG ) ?
The government of Chhattisgarh ( CG ) has also specified the eligibility criteria for candidates who are desirous of applying for a driving license. The criteria specified have been mentioned below.
However, the liberalization also brought in a number of manufacturers who were willing to provide new models of vehicles, which did not consume as much fuel as their older counterparts.
- If you are in the age group of 16 or just above you will need the consent of your parents or your guardian’s before you make an application for the Driving Licence.
- Candidates who are 16 years and above are eligible to obtain a learner’s license which allowed them to drive two wheelers with an engine capacity of 50 cc if they have been granted permission by their parents or their guardians.
- As an applicant for a Driving License, you would be required to be well-versed with the rules and regulations as they have been stipulated by the Chhattisgarh ( CG ) MVD, Motor Vehicles Department.
- Candidates over the age of 18 can obtain learner’s licenses by providing proof of age for any two wheelers or four wheelers.
- Candidates who are looking forward to applying for a permanent commercial license must be over 20 years of age and also have at least two years experience with the vehicle they are looking forward to driving.
- The candidate who is intending to use a transport vehicle must also be in possession of adequate knowledge of the rules and regulations along with the traffic signs on the roads. People will not be allowed to use their private driving licenses to drive transport vehicles, which have been designated for commercial purposes.
Listed below is the eligibility criteria for applicants of learners license in Chhattisgarh ( CG ). The requirements are different for non-transport vehicles, and commercial vehicle which also fall under the transport category.
The minimum age requirement for non-transport vehicles which include motorcycles without gear is 16 years, and for motorcycles with gear is 18 years.
A letter of consent will also be demanded by the Chhattisgarh ( CG ) motor vehicle department from the guardians of the applicant or the parents.
Applicants over the age of 50 will also be required to submit CMV-form 1, which would be issued by a registered medical practitioner.
Transport vehicle [commercial]
Applicants who are looking forward to learning to drive a bus, taxi, goods carriers and commercial vehicles of other types should be at least 20 years of age.
The applicant must also be experienced in driving light motor vehicles for at least a year.
CMV-form 1 A issued by registered Dr. should also be submitted.
Fees for Driving License (DL)
Driving Licence fee to be paid is mentioned below while submitting Documents. You may reach out to a Driving School / Agent to make DL application process easier.
For your reference adding Fee details apart from Smart Card Driving Licence
|Issue of Learner’s Driving Licence||150|
|Permanent Driving Licence in Form 7 (Smart Card)||200|
|International Driving Permit in Form 4A||500|
|Renewal of DL in Form 7 (Smart Card)||200|
|Driving test for each category of vehicle||50|
|Conductor Licence fees||Half of DL fees|
|Endorsement of new class of vehicle in Smart Card||200|
|Registration / renewal of Driver Training School||2500|
|For second copy of Registration / renewal of Driver Training School||2500|
|For appeal against orders of the Licensing Authority||100|
|Trade certificate (Motorcycle)||50|
|Trade certificate (Invalid carriage)||50|
|Renewal of trade certificate (motorcycle / invalid carriage)||50 each|
Learners Driving Licence in Chhattisgarh ( CG )
When looking forward to applying for a learner’s license the candidate must visit the nearest RTO office along with all the documents needed to prove their age, which can include a birth certificate, school-leaving certificate or a notarized affidavit and proof of address, which can include a domicile certificate, ration card, passport along with a self-declaration for their medical fitness.
They will be required to pay the fees for the learners license after which their documents will be verified by the RTO. Candidates must also be prepared for the written test which they will need to undergo in order to explain all the rules and regulations and signs which they will commonly notice along the roads. Candidates who are successful in the written test will receive their learners driving license, which will be valid throughout the country. Candidates who are unsuccessful will be given additional opportunities to appear for the test and therefore, need not to remain concerned over this matter.
All candidates are required initially to apply for a learner’s licence before they can be considered as eligible for a fresh driving licence.
If you are an individual over the age of 18 you will not come across any difficulties in making an application for a Learners driving Licence regardless of the type of vehicle you intend to use by yourselves.
- If you are in the age group of 16 or just above you will need the consent of your parents or your guardian’s before you make an application for the Learners Licence.
- Your word will not be accepted by the Transport Authority of India, and therefore, you will be required to provide proof of age along with validated proof of your residence.
- As an applicant for a Learners Licence, you would be required to be well-versed with the rules and regulations as they have been stipulated by the Transport Authority of India.
- If you are over the age of 18 and are looking forward to applying for a Learners Licence for commercial and transport vehicles you are also required to have finished at least the eighth grade in schooling. It will be beneficial for you to understand that some states within India require applicants within this category to be at least 20 years of age.
2.Fee for learners licence in Chhattisgarh ( CG )
|Rs.150/-||for one type/category.|
|Rs.210/-||for two type/categories.|
|Rs.240/-||for three type/categories.|
3.Documents Required for Learners Licence
You are required to provide information about yourselves, which will include your name, address, date of birth and place of birth.
a. Acceptable Documents For Personal Identification
- Your birth certificate.
- Your PAN card.
- Your passport.
- Your report card from school showing that you have cleared the 10th grade.
- A transfer certificate from your school which would have your birth date printed on it.
b. Proof Of Address
- Electricity and telephone bills which may have been issued recently.
- LIC bond.
- Aadhaar card.
- Agreement of the house.
- Ration card.
c. Proof Of Age
- Birth certificate.
- Pan card.
- A certificate of transfer from any school which contains the date of birth of the applicant.
- A Mark sheet of the 10th grade to ensure that the applicant has received some education.
4.Restrictions for Learners Driving Licence Holders
Provided that a learner’s licence limited to driving an invalid carriage may be issued to the applicant, if the licensing authority is satisfied that he is fit to drive such a carriage.
- No learner’s licence shall be issued to any applicant unless he passes to the satisfaction of the licensing authority such test as may be prescribed by the Central Government.
- When an application has been duly made to the appropriate licensing authority and the applicant has satisfied such authority of his physical fitness under sub-section (3) and has passed to the satisfaction of the licensing authority the test referred to in sub-section (5), the licensing authority shall, subject to the provisions, issue the applicant a learner’s licence unless the applicant is disqualified under for driving a motor vehicle or is for the time being disqualified for holding or obtaining a licence to drive a motor vehicle:
Provided that a licensing authority may issue a learner’s licence to drive a motor cycle or a light motor vehicle notwithstanding that it is not the appropriate licensing authority, if such authority is satisfied that there is good reason for the applicant’s inability to apply to the appropriate licensing authority.
- Where the Central Government is satisfied that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by rules made in this behalf, exempt generally, either absolutely or subject to such conditions as may be specified in the rules, any class of persons from the provisions of sub-section (3), or sub-section (5), or both.
- Any learner’s licence for driving a motor cycle in force immediately before the commencement of this Act shall, after such commencement, be deemed to be effective for driving a motor cycle with or without gear.
5.Application for Learners Licence in Chhattisgarh ( CG )
The transport department of Chhattisgarh CG has websites where candidates looking forward to applying for a learner’s license can respond to questions, which have been posted to give them adequate information about the test rules which are applicable and can also prepare themselves for the test.
Many people do not have access to the Internet or any technological appliances and these individuals despite desiring to acquire a license will have no option but to visit the office of the RTO where they will have to submit their application personally. The candidate must submit his or her application on form 2 along with documents authenticating proof of age, residence and medical fitness [if required]. The fees applicable for the learners license must also be paid when making the application.
- Navigate to Official website of Chhattisgarh ( CG ) Transport here
- Select New Learners Licence and Click on Continue.
- You will be redirected to Online LL Appointment System.
- Select desired RTO against which LL application is made, please note always select the nearest RTO where you hold address proof to make documentation easier.
- Chose the time slot for learners license.
- Fill Personal Particulars of the Learners Driving Licence Applicant.
- Fill Address Details. Please note you should have the Address Proof Documents in Chhattisgarh ( CG ) as listed Below.
- Select the Class of Vehicles you wish to apply in Chhattisgarh ( CG ) for Learners Driving License.
- Upload all Necessary Documents and submit. Ensure to take a print out of Acknowledgment Slip.
6.Applied for Learners Driving Licence ? What’s Next ?
At the same time, you must also be looking forward to understanding the traffic rules which are being applied within the state and make an effort to learn the signs and signals which you would be required to use regularly. The learner’s license is valid over a period to six months, but if you believe that you have mastered driving the vehicle and also have all the information needed about the rules and regulations you can definitely appear in a test for the permanent driving license.
Once You are confident to appear for Learners Driving Licence Test, You can head to RTO office to appear for the Licence Test Exam. Here is what you have to do.
- Visit RTO (best to reach by 9 to 10am) due to crowd and avoid long queue.
- Take challan from ground floor challan counter
- Go to LL inspector room where they check your documents and file.
- After that we have to go camera room where they take photo, eye scan and finger print.
- Then to go data entry room.
- Once we go through all these procedure then time for road sign test. we can choose computer test or oral test.
Computer test has 15 multiple choice questions of traffic rules and signs and you will be provided with 15 min to answer them. You will get to know the score immediately after the test. Once test is finished, RTO inspector will guide you to take eye test.
Oral test is bit easy compared to Computer Test as the officer asks you to explain hand signals, street signs, parking points etc.
Chances of getting failed in learners test is Null. If in case if you fail in Learners test, don’t get disappointed. Re-test is allowed and you may reappear after preparing again.
After you obtain your learners license one of your first objectives should be the master the type of vehicle mentioned on the license in person. You must understand you will be required to undergo testing when you apply for a permanent license with the type of vehicle for which you would have obtained the learner’s license.
The learners license will be valid for six months while the candidate will have an opportunity to apply for a permanent driving license after 30 days after the issue.
Applicants are required to drive the same type of vehicle, which has been specified in the application form.
Permanent Driving License In Chhattisgarh ( CG )
The procedure for applying for a permanent driving license within Chhattisgarh is no different than in other states within India. The procedure when applying for a permanent driving license is slightly different because the candidate would already be holding a learner’s license for a minimum of 30 days. An application for a permanent driving license will be accepted from candidates who have not completed the minimum holding period of the learner’s license.Perhaps the only difference which people would notice would be in the type of form they would be required to complete.
Candidates will also be required to possess adequate knowledge of all traffic rules along with the type of vehicle they are driving. They will be eligible to receive the permanent driving license only if they clear a practical driving test which will be held with the presence of an officer from the transport department. The Chhattisgarh transport department does not provide any vehicles for the test, and the candidate will have to make his or her arrangements for the same. The permanent driving license will be issued after the candidate has successfully managed to clear the test. Candidates who are unsuccessful can rest assured they will be given another opportunity to clear the test but will be required to pay additional fees when making a fresh application for the test.
After the candidate submits the application along with the fees for the license, they will be required to undergo a test in the presence of the transport inspector. If the candidate is successful in clearing the test, they will be eligible to receive the permanent driving license which will allow them legally to begin driving within India under the motor vehicle act 1988. It is essential for people to understand that no individual will be allowed to use two wheelers and four wheelers, unless they hold a valid license in their possession.
a.Application Form For Driving License
As compared to many other states within India the procedures for making an license application have been simplified in Chhattisgarh ( CG ). People who have access to the Internet can visit the official website of the transport department and complete the procedures after selecting the driving license tab on the homepage and complete the information which has been requested.
After the candidates have completed the form and uploaded the relevant documents or even decided to download the form in order to complete it at their convenience, they will be in a position to take the form with them during the time their test has been scheduled. Perhaps the only factor which the transport department was not able to consider within Chhattisgarh ( CG ) is the matter of completing the driving test online for which the candidates will be required to visit the RTO.
Before applying for a permanent driving licence the candidates are required to submit certain documents, which will be similar to the documents submitted earlier. They must also pay the fees which have been specified and obtain a slot for the practical driving test.
Candidates who successfully complete the test will receive the driving license on the postal address they had specified in the form when they submitted their application. They will also have an opportunity of collecting the license themselves if they do not mind visiting the RTO on the date which will be provided.
- Birth certificate.
- School certificate.
- voters identity card.
- Pan card.
- Any other documents which have been specified by the state government.
- Proof of address in the form of utility bills, or even a pay slip issued by the state or the central government.
The documents mentioned above must be submitted along with the fees specified, which can range from Rs.200 for a computerized chip license along with the fee for Rs.50 for the driving test. Applicants who may not be comfortable with having a computerized chip license can opt for an ordinary driving license which will only cost 40 Rupees.
The Chhattisgarh ( CG ) Motor Vehicles Department is headed by The Transport Commissioner who is responsible for the original transport offices [RTOs] along with the staff throughout the state. The motor vehicles department is prominent in issuing the functions as mentioned here under
- Registration of motor vehicles of the geared and non-geared variety.
- Issuing learners and permanent driving licenses.
- Enforcing the provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act.
- Collecting any fees and taxes, which are applicable.
- Numerous other services which include the issue of permits and fitness certificates for vehicles.
The sum total of all RTO offices in Chhattisgarh ( CG ) is 30, and these are headed by a regional transport officer while some of them sub regional transport offices, which have joint regional transport officers heading them.
Applicants who have access to the Internet are advised to study the National Road Safety Policy along with the Pollution-Control Program, which will provide them all the information, they need to maintain safety on the roads while staying in line with the rules which are applicable for pollution control. Applicants who are Internet savvy will find it extremely helpful to visit the website of the Chhattisgarh transport department where they will come across several options to obtain the type of information they are looking for before they consider making applications for driving licenses
As mentioned earlier candidates will initially be required to obtain a learner’s driving licence and wait for the stipulated period to end before they can again apply for a permanent driving license. During this stage, they will be required to clear the competency test which will be held by the transport department along with the type of vehicle specified by the candidate within the learner’s licence.
The entire procedure will be completed online by the RTO, and the applicant will also receive an acknowledgment at every stage of the application procedure.
Applicants have also been given the option of scheduling an appointment for the driving test over the Internet because it will give them an opportunity to bypass the queue for the driving test confident in the knowledge that the test will be held according to the schedule provided.
Step 1: Apply in Cgtransport Portal here.
Step 2: Select New DL and proceed with the application.
Step 3: Fill all required details along with Learners driving license number, issued date and Class of vehicles.
Step 4: Select and add remaining documents details for address proof, Identity proof Etc.
Step 5: Submit Application, get the form and acknowledgement slip printed.
Step 6: Document Checklist – Please note, all Documents should be Original as there would be a physical verification.
- Online Acknowledgement Slip
- Online Application Form
- Learners Licence
- Identity Documents
- Local and Permanent Address proof
- 3-4 Passport Sized Photograph
- RC Book of your vehicle.
- Insurance Copy
- PUC certificate
- ‘L’ Board for the vehicle
- Challan of Rs.300 (I will talk about it in Few minutes)
L Board for the vehicle is mandatory, as we are still holding the Learners Licence. You are not supposed to drive in Public roads without ‘L’ board until you get the driving licence.
Driving Licence Application form must be filled with utter care to ensure there are no errors and no field should be left unattended while applying for Driving License (DL) in Chhattisgarh ( CG ). If You are planning to apply for converting existing driving license to Smart Card Licence, this form can be used.
- When you are applying for a Driving License, you will be required to complete form 4 regardless of whether your application is pertaining to a single category of vehicle or two categories.
- If you are looking forward to adding another class of vehicles within the Smart Card Driving Licence, you will be needed to complete form 8.
- If your application is for an International Driving Permit, none of the above will be appropriate for your requirements because you will need to complete form 1 A and 4A. (Please note IDP is not issued as Smart Card till the date)
- If you have lost or misplaced your Smart Card Driver’s License ( DL) and need to apply for a duplicate driving Licence you will need to complete the form LLD.
- If for any reason, you are required to renew your Smart Card Driving Licence, the form that needs to be completed is 9, 1 and 1A.
Apart from submitting the documents needed by the transport department the candidates will also be required to pay the fees as specified by the transport department of Chhattisgarh ( CG ). Candidates do not have to remain concerned about the prices which will be charged because they are within the affordable category.
A permanent driving licence will only cost Rs.200 and the fees applicable for the driving test for every class of the vehicle will be Rs.50. A service charge of Rs.50 is also applicable. If candidates are looking forward to applying for an international driving license, the charges for the same are fixed at Rs.500. All the charges and fees must be paid in cash at the regional transport office which will be issuing the license.
The Day of Driving Test In Chhattisgarh ( CG )
Excited..! Hell Yeah ? Read Further, We are closing the Target.
This is the Crucial Phase of Driving License Test in Chhattisgarh. Today, In the Public Roads, You will have to show the Inspector that You are capable of Driving a Vehicle Either Bike, Car or Whatever Vehicle You wish to Earn Driving Licence for.
Be Prepared very well with Hand Signals while Starting, allowing other vehicles to pass us while driving (Overtaking in India :D), while Stopping vehicle (Hand Signal + Indicator) etc.
- On the Day of Road Test, Ensure to Reach the RTO Office atleast by 9:00 am where you applied for Driving Licence. The Road Test may happen at any time before 3 pm.
- Pay Rs.300 and get a Challan for the Licence and Another one of Rs. 100 INR for DL Test.
- Go and meet the File Inspector to verify all documents are in place as expected.
- Once done, Register your Finger Prints and Photographs.
- Ask their guidance to find the officer/clerk who will enter your data in the system.
- Move on to the Inspector Room who will again check for all Documents required for the Driving License and Road Test.
- Now its time to sit back and relax for sometime. The RTO Officer may ask you to wait on the test spot infront of the office.
- Test may start at any time after 11:30am, please be calm until your turn comes up.
- For two wheelers, usually they ask you to make a ‘U’ turn on the street, ensure you are scoring it with relevant hand signals.
- There is a possibility that, RTO officer may ask to make a circle, ensure to park the vehicle always on the left hand side before and after the test.
Test Assessment Points / Parameters
- Adjust rear view mirror.
- Take suitable precautions like fastening of seat belts etc before starting engine.
- Move away safely and smoothly straight ahead at an angle while at the same time use of all gears.
- Change quickly to lower gear when the traffic conditions warrant such change.
- Change quickly to lower gears while driving down hill.
- Stop and restart on steep upward incline make proper use of hand brakes and of the foot brakes without rolling back, turn right and left corners correctly using rear view mirror before signaling
- Over take and allow to be overtaken safely with proper caution giving appropriate signals.
- Give appropriate signals by hand or by electrical indicators clearly without mistake.
- Change the lanes using proper signals with care.
- Stop the vehicle in an emergency safely.
- Use of the reverse gear while driving the vehicle backwards with reasonable accuracy.
- Use the forward and reverse gears to change the face of vehicle in opposite direction.
- Take correct and prompt action at signals given by traffic signs ,signals, policemen and other road users.
- Drive cautiously at pedestrians crossings giving preference to persons crossing the road.
- Keep well to the left in normal driving.
- Regulate the speed to suit varying road and traffic conditions.
- Demonstrate control of the vehicle by confident steering and smooth gear changing and braking as and when required.
- Make proper use of rear view mirror before signaling, maneuvering, overtaking , turning to right or stopping.
- Use proper side when driving straight, turning and at road junctions.
- Make proper use of accelerator, clutch, gears, brakes, steering and horn.
- Anticipate the actions of other road users.
- Take precautions at intersections & road junctions to adjust the speed , proper positioning of the vehicle , use rear view mirror & avoidance of cutting right hand corner.
- Concentrate on driving with attention & presence of mind.
- Show courtesy & consideration for other road users keeping in mind the road safety.
Once you are completed successfully, You may Receive the Licence in Smart Card form with in 3-4 weeks.
RTO Offices in Chhattisgarh
|RTO Code||RTO Name||RTO Address||Phone No:|
|0771 – 2563155|
|CG05||DTO Dhamtari||Collectorate office Dhamtari,
|07722 – 238006|
|07723 – 224697|
|CG07||ADDL.RTO Durg||Opposite 5
|0788 – 2324815|
|CG08||ADDL.RTO Rajnandgaon||Stadium Campus,
|07744 – 223659|
|CG09||DTO Kabirdham||Chhirpani Colony, Kabirdham
|07741 – 233556|
|CG10||RTO Bilashpur||Bus stand Parisar, Bilashpur
|07752 – 402080|
|CG11||DTO Jangir_Champa||Collectorate office, Jangir_
|07817 – 224055|
|CG12||ADDL.RTO Korba||Old Collectorate office, Korba
|07759 – 226640|
|CG13||ADDL.RTO Raigarh||Collectorate Building, Raigarh
|07762 – 225026|
|CG14||DTO Jashpur||Old Collectorate Office Jashpur,
|07763 – 220916|
|CG15||ADDL RTO Ambikapur||Bus Stand
|07774 – 220725|
|CG16||RTO Baikunthpur||Collectorate Road, Chindand Baikunthpur
|07836 – 296313|
|CG17||RTO Jagdalpur||Opposite Distt. Court Jagdalpur,
|07782 – 222718|
|CG18||DTO Dantewada||Collectorate Office
|07856 – 252653|
|CG19||DTO Kanker||Collectorate Office of Kanker,
|07868 – 241261|
|CG22||DTO Balodabazar||Office of DTO Balodabazar,
|CG23||DTO Gariyaband||Office of DTO Gariyaband,
|CG24||DTO Balod||Office of DTO Balodabazar,
|CG25||DTO Bemetara||Office of DTO Bemetara,
|CG26||DTO Sukma||Office of DTO
|CG27||DTO Kondagaon||Office of DTO Kondagaon,
|CG28||DTO Mungeli||Office of DTO
|CG29||DTO Surajpur||Office of DTO
|CG30||DTO Balrampur||Office of DTO Balrampur,
Addition of New Class of Vehicle to a DL
A person holding a driving licence for Motor Cycle ( Bike ) may similarly apply for addition of a light motor vehicle (Car etc.) at any time. Documents Required are
- Valid Driving Licence.
- Valid Learners’ Licence for the category.
- Application in Form 8.
- Form 1(Self declaration as to the physical fitness for Non- Transport vehicles only).
- Form 1A (Medical Certificate-for Transport Vehicles only).
- Fees as prescribed along with user charges.
Numerous vehicle categories can be included within the existing driving license the details of which are provided below.
- Transport vehicle in LMV license.
- Hazardous goods within a transport driving license.
- Authorization for transport vehicle.
- Additional categories of two wheelers of various types.
When looking forward to including a transport vehicle within an LMV license the applicant must be at least 20 years of age and should have cleared the eighth grade while also having at least a years experience of driving a light motor vehicle.
- Form number 8 must be completed.
- The candidate must also submit his or her original license.
- A certificate of training received from an authorized school must be submitted on form number 5.
- A fee of Rs.200 must be paid for the smart card.
When adding hazardous goods to a transport vehicle the candidate is required to satisfy the following conditions.
- The applicant should provide his particulars on the prescribed application.
- A certificate of training received [3 days] and issued by any state or central government must be submitted.
- The applicant is required to pay the fee of Rs.50, which is applicable.
- The endorsement provided will be valid for a year.
When authorization is required as a transport vehicle, the following conditions will apply.
- The application must be submitted on form TVA.
- The police must have provided the applicant with a certificate of good conduct.
- A certificate of training received must be submitted on form number 5.
- The applicable fees of Rs.50 must be paid.
Adding additional categories of two wheelers will require the following from the applicant.
- A request should be submitted to the RTO on form number 8.
- The original driving license should accompany the form.
- The fees of Rs.200 must be paid for this smart card driving license.
- The applicant will be given an opportunity to take a driving test within 30 days after he or she has received the learners license.
Duplicate Driving Licence in Chhattisgarh ( CG )
Quite often it has been observed that people need changes made within the driving licence or even acquire a duplicate driving license, and the transport department of Chhattisgarh ( CG ) has adequately prepared itself to meet any such requirements, which may be demanded by the applicants.
When the need to make any changes arises, the candidates are required to complete the LLD form by mentioning all details on the original driving license.
The fee charged for making the changes is Rs.200 and should be paid by the applicant along with his or her application. If the applicant does not remember the number of the smart card issued initially they will be in a position to request for an additional smart card from the RTO by providing their name and address.
An additional fee of Rs.25 will be charged by the RTO in order to facilitate the new smart card. Candidates who desire to change specific particulars within their driving license like name and address and request for the same in the application along with the fees of Rs.200 and a no objection certificate from the licensing authority.
Documents Required for Duplicate Licence
- Intimation of Loss or destruction of driving license and application for duplicate licence, or known as LLD.
- If the Licence is stolen, then process for applying duplicate driving license should get in to legal documentation by submitting a First Investigation Report (FIR) from Police station.
- If the Licence is not lost, instead if it got damaged, you are good to submit the Original Driving License.
- It is always recommended to keep xerox/photocopies of the actual driving licence, to make the process easy for the assessing officer in the RTO office, but don’t worry if you don’t have any.
- Depending on the RTO office, you may be asked for age proof and address proof which you have used for applying original driving licence.
Renewal of Driving Licence
Driving licences issued by on RTOs within India have a validity period of 20 years and holders of this document will be required to renew the same upon expiry. The following is the conditions are applied by the state of Chhattisgarh ( CG ) for the renewal of driving licenses.
- License holders have a grace period of 30 days two renew their driving license.
- Numerous people look forward to renewing their licenses five years ahead of time and in such cases, they are not required to undergo any tests. The license which is renewed will remain valid from the date of the renewal.
- Form number 9 must be completed and submitted to the RTO.
- The original driving license must also accompany the form.
- License holders over the age of 50 when applying for the renewal of a transport license must also submit a medical certificate on form 1 A.
- A fee of Rs.50 apart from the Rs.200 which will be charged for the smart card must be paid. An additional charge of Rs.50 will become applicable for any delays.
- A no objection certificate [NOC] issued by the concerned RTO must also be submitted.
Corrections in Driving Licence
Regardless of the reasons for the errors in the personal details of the licensee , it is essential that the same be rectified without delays. The subject of making corrections in a Driving license therefore, become important immediately when the matter is noticed.
Errors Liable for Correction in Driving Licence
- Correction in the Name of the Driving Licence holder.
- Correction in the Last name/Initials of the DL holder.
- Changes in the Address of the Driving license Holder
- Date of birth of Driving Licence Holder
- Blood group of Driving License Holder
The licensee making an application for the corrections to be made in the driving licence must complete the form LLD and form 1 which will provide the transport department with the personal information about the individual.
International Driving Licence Permit ( IDP ) in Chhattisgarh
As it is the case with all state governments, the government of Chhattisgarh ( CG ) will also issue an international driving license [IDP] subject to the following conditions.
- Indian citizens are eligible to apply for and receive an international driving license when they report to the RTO in person.
- They will be required to complete form 4 A and also provide a medical certificate in form 1 A.
- The fee applicable for an IDP is Rs.500.
- The candidate will also be required to provide copies of the visa, his or her passport, passport size photographs numbering three along with their existing driving license.
- The IDP is valid over a period to one year or until the expiry of the existing license whichever is earlier.
- A duplicate international driving permit is not renewed after it expires.
- The international driving permit is handed over to the applicant in person.
International driving permits are issued from various zonal offices. The validity of this permit is for one year. You are required to get your licence from the country your visiting within one year period. Following documents are to be produced at the time of applying for a International driving permit :-
- Valid driving licence issued.
- attested copy of address proof.
- attested copy of Birth certificate
- Valid passport
- Valid Visa
- Fee of Rs. 200/-
- Two passport size photograph.
Other Side of Chhattisgarh ( CG ) Driving License
India is not a country where literacy levels are high and access to online sources are not available to the major portion of the 125 billion population of India. Under the circumstances, it can be assumed that most applicants would be flocking to the offices of the RTO when they are looking forward to making applications for driving licenses, making corrections on the licenses or find a need to use the RTO for any other reason. These are people who do not have access to some of the easiest methods to obtain the services they need from the comfort of their home or their workplace. They are just the people who are frustrated by the non availability of public transportation services and are looking forward to having a vehicle by themselves. While it is certain that they would not understand every rule, which has been specified by the Chhattisgarh RTO it is essential for them to make an attempt to understand the most important stipulations which have been mentioned. It is for this reason they are being asked to study the National Road Safety Policy information about which can also be accessed from local stores that may have published versions of this particular document. Pollution is another problem, which is affecting India and causing harm within the metropolitan states of Delhi, Bangalore along with numerous others. It does not take a great deal of knowledge to understand how the atmosphere can be maintained within the levels as they have been specified by the authorities. The transport department is responsible to ensure no vehicles pollute the atmosphere, especially within a country where a significant increase in vehicles has been observed ever since the liberalization on the economy. Perhaps the fact that India is one of the fastest-growing economy within the world is also contributing to the relevant increase in vehicles, which are presently plying on the roads.
People who are looking forward to or have applied for a driving licence must understand that their journey does not end when they obtain the license they desire. The driving license brings up on them additional responsibilities which they will be required to care for if they intend to stay within the ambit of the law.
Apart from making investments in vehicles, license holders must also invest in insurance policies, which will cover any contingencies whenever they come across them and also safeguard their interests when faced by uneventful incidents. Holders of a driving license must ensure that they do not circumvent the traffic laws across the country at any time because the traffic police from different states are constantly on the lookout for offenders and will not hesitate to penalize them when apprehended. The laws that are applicable within India are similar within every state and therefore, people cannot begin to assume they will have an easier time just because they have obtained their driving license from the Chhattisgarh Transport Department.