The eligibility for driving licence (in Madhya Pradesh MP) of an individual to drive a vehicle along the roads is confirmed after he or she obtains a driving license. Madhya Pradesh has also made arrangements to issue driving licenses both learners and permanent in line with the regulations set forth by the Road Transport Association.
Categories Of Driving Licence
The government of Madhya Pradesh MP has specified certain regulations which an applicant who is looking forward to applying for a driving license will have to adhere to.
It will be necessary for the applicant to clear the computerized tests along with the driving tests before they are in a position to acquire the licence.
Below are the categories of vehicles against which a Driving License Application can be made.
- Motorcycles with an engine capacity of 50 cc or lower than 50 cc.
- Motorcycles which have gears along with an engine capacity in excess of 50 cc or more, Light Motor Vehicles [LMV’s] which also includes cars.
- Motorcycles of all types, including those with gears.
- Motorcycles with an engine capacity of any type but without gears and these can include scooters and mopeds.
- Light motor vehicles for personal use.
- Light motor vehicles for commercial purposes.
- JCB, Excavator, Construction HGV
- Heavy passenger motor vehicle. These vehicles are provided by a document which is identified as the All India Driving Permit and the document is issued for trucks, buses, cars and is also classified as an open license.
- Heavy goods motor vehicle.
- Individuals who are holding a heavy vehicle driving license are also qualified to apply for a licence to drive heavy trailers.
Eligibility For Driving Licence in Madhya Pradesh MP
Are you Eligible to obtain Driving licence in Madhya Pradesh MP ?
The government of Madhya Pradesh MP has also specified the eligibility criteria for candidates who are desirous of applying for a driving license. The criteria specified have been mentioned below.
However, the liberalization also brought in a number of manufacturers who were willing to provide new models of vehicles, which did not consume as much fuel as their older counterparts.
- If you are in the age group of 16 or just above you will need the consent of your parents or your guardian’s before you make an application for the Driving Licence.
- Your word will not be accepted by Madhya Pradesh MP MVD, MP Transport and therefore, you will be required to provide proof of age along with validated proof of your residence.
- As an applicant for a Driving License, you would be required to be well-versed with the rules and regulations as they have been stipulated by the Madhya Pradesh MP MVD, MP Transport and Motor Vehicles Department.
- If you are over the age of 18 and are looking forward to applying for a Driving Licence for commercial and transport vehicles you are also required to have finished at least the eighth grade in schooling. It will be beneficial for you to understand that some states within India require applicants within this category to be at least 20 years of age.
Listed below is the eligibility criteria for applicants of learners license in Madhya Pradesh MP. The requirements are different for non-transport vehicles, and commercial vehicle which also fall under the transport category.
The minimum age requirement for non-transport vehicles which include motorcycles without gear is 16 years, and for motorcycles with gear is 18 years.
A letter of consent will also be demanded by the Madhya Pradesh MP Transport and motor vehicle department from the guardians of the applicant or the parents.
Applicants over the age of 50 will also be required to submit CMV-form 1, which would be issued by a registered medical practitioner.
Transport vehicle [commercial]
Applicants who are looking forward to learning to drive a bus, taxi, goods carriers and commercial vehicles of other types should be at least 20 years of age.
The applicant must also be experienced in driving light motor vehicles for at least a year.
CMV-form 1 A issued by registered Dr. should also be submitted.
Fees for Driving License (DL)
Driving Licence fee to be paid is mentioned below while submitting Documents. You may reach out to a Driving School / Agent to make DL application process easier.
For your reference adding Fee details apart from Smart Card Driving Licence
|Issue of Learner’s Driving Licence||150|
|Permanent Driving Licence in Form 7 (Smart Card)||200|
|International Driving Permit in Form 4A||500|
|Renewal of DL in Form 7 (Smart Card)||200|
|Driving test for each category of vehicle||50|
|Conductor Licence fees||Half of DL fees|
|Endorsement of new class of vehicle in Smart Card||200|
|Registration / renewal of Driver Training School||2500|
|For second copy of Registration / renewal of Driver Training School||2500|
|For appeal against orders of the Licensing Authority||100|
|Trade certificate (Motorcycle)||50|
|Trade certificate (Invalid carriage)||50|
|Renewal of trade certificate (motorcycle / invalid carriage)||50 each|
Learners Driving Licence in Madhya Pradesh MP
Learners license which is valid for six months and allows the individual the permission needed to begin practicing as a learner before he or she applies for a permanent driving license. The rules which apply to a learner are lenient and give them time to practice and polish their driving skills before they are required to take a competency test. The learner is provided with a month’s time before the practical tests are held.
If you are an individual over the age of 18 you will not come across any difficulties in making an application for a Learners driving Licence regardless of the type of vehicle you intend to use by yourselves.
- If you are in the age group of 16 or just above you will need the consent of your parents or your guardian’s before you make an application for the Learners Licence.
- Your word will not be accepted by the Transport Authority of India, and therefore, you will be required to provide proof of age along with validated proof of your residence.
- As an applicant for a Learners Licence, you would be required to be well-versed with the rules and regulations as they have been stipulated by the Transport Authority of India.
- If you are over the age of 18 and are looking forward to applying for a Learners Licence for commercial and transport vehicles you are also required to have finished at least the eighth grade in schooling. It will be beneficial for you to understand that some states within India require applicants within this category to be at least 20 years of age.
2.Fee for learners licence in Madhya Pradesh MP
|Rs.150/-||for one type/category.|
|Rs.210/-||for two type/categories.|
|Rs.240/-||for three type/categories.|
3.Documents Required for Learners Licence
You are required to provide information about yourselves, which will include your name, address, date of birth and place of birth.
a. Acceptable Documents For Personal Identification
- Your birth certificate.
- Your PAN card.
- Your passport.
- Your report card from school showing that you have cleared the 10th grade.
- A transfer certificate from your school which would have your birth date printed on it.
b. Proof Of Address
- Electricity and telephone bills which may have been issued recently.
- LIC bond.
- Aadhaar card.
- Agreement of the house.
- Ration card.
c. Proof Of Age
- Birth certificate.
- Pan card.
- A certificate of transfer from any school which contains the date of birth of the applicant.
- A Mark sheet of the 10th grade to ensure that the applicant has received some education.
4.Restrictions for Learners Driving Licence Holders
After the learner has passed through the competency test, the individual will be eligible to apply for a permanent driving license which will also comprise of a road test.
Provided that a learner’s licence limited to driving an invalid carriage may be issued to the applicant, if the licensing authority is satisfied that he is fit to drive such a carriage.
- No learner’s licence shall be issued to any applicant unless he passes to the satisfaction of the licensing authority such test as may be prescribed by the Central Government.
- When an application has been duly made to the appropriate licensing authority and the applicant has satisfied such authority of his physical fitness under sub-section (3) and has passed to the satisfaction of the licensing authority the test referred to in sub-section (5), the licensing authority shall, subject to the provisions, issue the applicant a learner’s licence unless the applicant is disqualified under for driving a motor vehicle or is for the time being disqualified for holding or obtaining a licence to drive a motor vehicle:
Provided that a licensing authority may issue a learner’s licence to drive a motor cycle or a light motor vehicle notwithstanding that it is not the appropriate licensing authority, if such authority is satisfied that there is good reason for the applicant’s inability to apply to the appropriate licensing authority.
- Where the Central Government is satisfied that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by rules made in this behalf, exempt generally, either absolutely or subject to such conditions as may be specified in the rules, any class of persons from the provisions of sub-section (3), or sub-section (5), or both.
- Any learner’s licence for driving a motor cycle in force immediately before the commencement of this Act shall, after such commencement, be deemed to be effective for driving a motor cycle with or without gear.
5.Application for Learners Licence in Madhya Pradesh MP
Lets now move forward with Online application for learners license Madhya Pradesh MP
- Navigate to Official website of Madhya Pradesh MP Transport at here
- Select “License Application & Appointment System” on the left sidebar.
- You will be directed to the module for learners and driving licence system, at this point you will have to select “New” under “LL – Learner License“.
- Fill Personal Particulars of the Learners Driving Licence Applicant in below columns and click on apply Learners license.
- Fill Address Details. Please note you should have the Address Proof Documents in Madhya Pradesh MP as listed Below.
- Select the Class of Vehicles you wish to apply in Maharashtra for Learners Driving License.
- Upload all Necessary Documents and submit. Ensure to take a print out of Acknowledgment Slip.
6.Applied for Learners Driving Licence ? What’s Next ?
At the same time, you must also be looking forward to understanding the traffic rules which are being applied within the state and make an effort to learn the signs and signals which you would be required to use regularly. The learner’s license is valid over a period to six months, but if you believe that you have mastered driving the vehicle and also have all the information needed about the rules and regulations you can definitely appear in a test for the permanent driving license.
Once You are confident to appear for Learners Driving Licence Test, You can head to RTO office to appear for the Licence Test Exam. Here is what you have to do.
- Visit RTO (best to reach by 9 to 10am) due to crowd and avoid long queue.
- Take challan from ground floor challan counter
- Go to LL inspector room where they check your documents and file.
- After that we have to go camera room where they take photo, eye scan and finger print.
- Then to go data entry room.
- Once we go through all these procedure then time for road sign test. we can choose computer test or oral test.
Computer test has 15 multiple choice questions of traffic rules and signs and you will be provided with 15 min to answer them. You will get to know the score immediately after the test. Once test is finished, RTO inspector will guide you to take eye test.
Oral test is bit easy compared to Computer Test as the officer asks you to explain hand signals, street signs, parking points etc.
Chances of getting failed in learners test is Null. If in case if you fail in Learners test, don’t get disappointed. Re-test is allowed and you may reappear after preparing again.
Permanent Driving License In Madhya Pradesh MP
When looking forward to applying for a driving license within Madhya Pradesh the candidate will be required to complete form 4 before submitting it to the RTO officer concerned for issuing licenses along with other documents, which have been specified.
A driving test will be conducted after the verification of the documents is completed. Candidates will be required to arrange for a vehicle by themselves, and if they do not own a vehicle, they can hire one from the driving school where they learned the driving. Upon clearing the competency test the RTO will request for photographs and biometric identification, which will include fingerprints and a retina scan.
The license will be dispatched by post to the address mentioned on the application form. Candidates in some zones have the option of collecting the lessons from the RTO in person. Lets take a look at the requirements and procedures.
a.Application Form For Driving License
As compared to many other states within India the procedures for making an license application have been simplified in Madhya Pradesh MP. People who have access to the Internet can visit the official website of the transport department and complete the procedures after selecting the driving license tab on the homepage and complete the information which has been requested.
After the candidates have completed the form and uploaded the relevant documents or even decided to download the form in order to complete it at their convenience, they will be in a position to take the form with them during the time their test has been scheduled. Perhaps the only factor which the transport department was not able to consider within Madhya Pradesh MP is the matter of completing the driving test online for which the candidates will be required to visit the RTO.
Before applying for a permanent driving licence the candidates are required to submit certain documents, which will be similar to the documents submitted earlier. They must also pay the fees which have been specified and obtain a slot for the practical driving test.
Candidates who successfully complete the test will receive the driving license on the postal address they had specified in the form when they submitted their application. They will also have an opportunity of collecting the license themselves if they do not mind visiting the RTO on the date which will be provided.
- Birth certificate.
- School certificate.
- voters identity card.
- Pan card.
- Any other documents which have been specified by the state government.
- Proof of address in the form of utility bills, or even a pay slip issued by the state or the central government.
The documents mentioned above must be submitted along with the fees specified, which can range from Rs.200 for a computerized chip license along with the fee for Rs.50 for the driving test. Applicants who may not be comfortable with having a computerized chip license can opt for an ordinary driving license which will only cost 40 Rupees.
The Madhya Pradesh MP Motor Vehicles Department is headed by The Transport Commissioner who is responsible for the original transport offices [RTOs] along with the staff throughout the state. The motor vehicles department is prominent in issuing the functions as mentioned here under
- Registration of motor vehicles of the geared and non-geared variety.
- Issuing learners and permanent driving licenses.
- Enforcing the provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act.
- Collecting any fees and taxes, which are applicable.
- Numerous other services which include the issue of permits and fitness certificates for vehicles.
The sum total of all RTO offices in Madhya Pradesh MP is 70, and these are headed by a regional transport officer while some of them sub regional transport offices, which have joint regional transport officers heading them.
When considering applying for a driving license by using online resources candidates must visit the official website of the Madhya Pradesh State RTO. Candidates can click “how to apply for driving license online in Madhya Pradesh on the tab Apply Fresh License.” They will be taken to a fresh page where they will be required to enter the number of the learners license. After completing all details the form must be submitted and therefore, a printout of the same must be taken.
Step 1: Navigate to Official website of Madhya Pradesh MP Transport at here
Step 2: Click on “Fresh” under DL-Driving License tab.
Step 3: You will be taken to a page, where you have to enter your learners driving licence number and DOB to validate your application.
Step 4: Fill in Particulars as you did while applying for learners licence, once done, select the Documents list.
Step 5: Since we are applying for Permanent DL, Ensure to select LL first, Enter Learners Licence number, RTO office code ( note it down from your learners licence) and date of issue.
Step 6: Select and add remaining documents details for address proof, Identity proof Etc.
Step 7: Answer couple of questions in the Same tab.
Step 8: Submit Application, get the form and acknowledgement slip printed.
Step 9: Document Checklist – Please note, all Documents should be Original as there would be a physical verification.
- Online Acknowledgement Slip
- Online Application Form
- Learners Licence
- Identity Documents
- Local and Permanent Address proof
- 3-4 Passport Sized Photograph
- RC Book of your vehicle.
- Insurance Copy
- PUC certificate
- ‘L’ Board for the vehicle
- Challan of Rs.300 (I will talk about it in Few minutes)
L Board for the vehicle is mandatory, as we are still holding the Learners Licence. You are not supposed to drive in Public roads without ‘L’ board until you get the driving licence.
Driving Licence Application form must be filled with utter care to ensure there are no errors and no field should be left unattended while applying for Driving License (DL) in Maharashtra. If You are planning to apply for converting existing driving license to Smart Card Licence, this form can be used.
- When you are applying for a Driving License, you will be required to complete form 4 regardless of whether your application is pertaining to a single category of vehicle or two categories.
- If you are looking forward to adding another class of vehicles within the Smart Card Driving Licence, you will be needed to complete form 8.
- If your application is for an International Driving Permit, none of the above will be appropriate for your requirements because you will need to complete form 1 A and 4A. (Please note IDP is not issued as Smart Card till the date)
- If you have lost or misplaced your Smart Card Driver’s License ( DL) and need to apply for a duplicate driving Licence you will need to complete the form LLD.
- If for any reason, you are required to renew your Smart Card Driving Licence, the form that needs to be completed is 9, 1 and 1A.
Apart from submitting the documents needed by the transport department the candidates will also be required to pay the fees as specified by the transport department of Madhya Pradesh MP. Candidates do not have to remain concerned about the prices which will be charged because they are within the affordable category.
A permanent driving licence will only cost Rs.200 and the fees applicable for the driving test for every class of the vehicle will be Rs.50. A service charge of Rs.50 is also applicable. If candidates are looking forward to applying for an international driving license, the charges for the same are fixed at Rs.500. All the charges and fees must be paid in cash at the regional transport office which will be issuing the license.
The Day of Driving Test In Madhya Pradesh MP
Excited..! Hell Yeah ? Read Further, We are closing the Target.
This is the Crucial Phase of Driving License Test in Madhya Pradesh MP. Today, In the Public Roads, You will have to show the Inspector that You are capable of Driving a Vehicle Either Bike, Car or Whatever Vehicle You wish to Earn Driving Licence for.
As the validity period nears expiry the candidate will have the option to apply for a permanent driving license. When applying for a learner’s license must clear the verbal and written tests on traffic regulations. They will be provided with a duration of one month for the practice sessions after which the practical driving test will be conducted to issue the permanent driving license.
The candidate also has an option to choose the time when he or she intends to undergo the driving test. However, it is essential for them to understand that the learners license will expire within six months. The driving test is conducted by the designated officer after he has verified all the documents, which have been submitted. The RTO does not have any provisions to provide the vehicle for the test and therefore, the responsibility will lie upon the candidate to make arrangements for the same, especially if they have applied for a license for a two wheeler or an autorickshaw. Candidates who need a license for a four wheeler have easier options because a motor driving school can arrange the same for them.
The Test for Two Wheelers And Three Wheelers: Vehicle categories of these types are classified as light motor passenger vehicles and the test for these vehicles will be conducted within the vicinity of the RTO. The candidate must drive the vehicle along the border which will be marked. They may also be asked to drive within the figure “Eight” without coming into contact with any of the borders along the corners. Skills like changing gears, controlling the vehicle while the speed shifts, reversing or bending corners and going around the figure 8 without putting their feet at the ground will also need to be displayed. After the candidate displays these skills appropriately he or she will receive approval from the inspector after which they will be directed to a road test. The candidate will be eligible to receive the permanent driving license which will allow them to drive a two wheeler or a three wheeler after they have cleared all the tests as specified by the RTO.
Test for Four Wheeler: The driving test for four wheelers is similar to the tests describe earlier. The candidate will be required to drive along the “H” without coming into contact with columns, which will be marked upon the ground. This test is conducted to get an understanding about whether the driver can focus properly when changing gears or reversing. After the candidate clears the ground test, they will be required to take the road test with an officer from the RTO accompanying him or her. During the test, the officer will be observing the driving skills on the road, traffic regulation compliance, Etc.
The tests which have been spoken about are conducted in accordance with the guidelines specified under rule 15 of the Central Vehicle More Direct . The officer concerned after being satisfied by the results will convey his findings to the RTO officials and thereafter the process for issuing the permanent driving license begins. If the candidate does not manage to clear the tests, they can appear for another test, which will be conducted after seven days for which a nominal fee must be paid.
Be Prepared very well with Hand Signals while Starting, allowing other vehicles to pass us while driving (Overtaking in India :D), while Stopping vehicle (Hand Signal + Indicator) etc.
- On the Day of Road Test, Ensure to Reach the RTO Office atleast by 9:00 am where you applied for Driving Licence. The Road Test may happen at any time before 3 pm.
- Pay Rs.300 and get a Challan for the Licence and Another one of Rs. 100 INR for DL Test.
- Go and meet the File Inspector to verify all documents are in place as expected.
- Once done, Register your Finger Prints and Photographs.
- Ask their guidance to find the officer/clerk who will enter your data in the system.
- Move on to the Inspector Room who will again check for all Documents required for the Driving License and Road Test.
- Now its time to sit back and relax for sometime. The RTO Officer may ask you to wait on the test spot infront of the office.
- Test may start at any time after 11:30am, please be calm until your turn comes up.
- For two wheelers, usually they ask you to make a ‘U’ turn on the street, ensure you are scoring it with relevant hand signals.
- There is a possibility that, RTO officer may ask to make a circle, ensure to park the vehicle always on the left hand side before and after the test.
Test Assessment Points / Parameters
- Adjust rear view mirror.
- Take suitable precautions like fastening of seat belts etc before starting engine.
- Move away safely and smoothly straight ahead at an angle while at the same time use of all gears.
- Change quickly to lower gear when the traffic conditions warrant such change.
- Change quickly to lower gears while driving down hill.
- Stop and restart on steep upward incline make proper use of hand brakes and of the foot brakes without rolling back, turn right and left corners correctly using rear view mirror before signaling
- Over take and allow to be overtaken safely with proper caution giving appropriate signals.
- Give appropriate signals by hand or by electrical indicators clearly without mistake.
- Change the lanes using proper signals with care.
- Stop the vehicle in an emergency safely.
- Use of the reverse gear while driving the vehicle backwards with reasonable accuracy.
- Use the forward and reverse gears to change the face of vehicle in opposite direction.
- Take correct and prompt action at signals given by traffic signs ,signals, policemen and other road users.
- Drive cautiously at pedestrians crossings giving preference to persons crossing the road.
- Keep well to the left in normal driving.
- Regulate the speed to suit varying road and traffic conditions.
- Demonstrate control of the vehicle by confident steering and smooth gear changing and braking as and when required.
- Make proper use of rear view mirror before signaling, maneuvering, overtaking , turning to right or stopping.
- Use proper side when driving straight, turning and at road junctions.
- Make proper use of accelerator, clutch, gears, brakes, steering and horn.
- Anticipate the actions of other road users.
- Take precautions at intersections & road junctions to adjust the speed , proper positioning of the vehicle , use rear view mirror & avoidance of cutting right hand corner.
- Concentrate on driving with attention & presence of mind.
- Show courtesy & consideration for other road users keeping in mind the road safety.
Once you are completed successfully, You may Receive the Licence in Smart Card form with in 3-4 weeks.
RTO Offices in Madhya Pradesh MP
|RTO Locations||RTO Code|
How to Verify The Status of The Driving License
The status of the driving license can be verified by candidates by utilizing the online option or even visiting the RTO. When using the on-line option the candidate must visit the official website and submit details like the receipt number, name and date of application. The status of the license will be displayed after these details are submitted.
Addition of New Class of Vehicle to a DL
A person holding a driving licence for Motor Cycle ( Bike ) may similarly apply for addition of a light motor vehicle (Car etc.) at any time. Documents Required are
- Valid Driving Licence.
- Valid Learners’ Licence for the category.
- Application in Form 8.
- Form 1(Self declaration as to the physical fitness for Non- Transport vehicles only).
- Form 1A (Medical Certificate-for Transport Vehicles only).
- Fees as prescribed along with user charges.
Numerous vehicle categories can be included within the existing driving license the details of which are provided below.
- Transport vehicle in LMV license.
- Hazardous goods within a transport driving license.
- Authorization for transport vehicle.
- Additional categories of two wheelers of various types.
When looking forward to including a transport vehicle within an LMV license the applicant must be at least 20 years of age and should have cleared the eighth grade while also having at least a years experience of driving a light motor vehicle.
- Form number 8 must be completed.
- The candidate must also submit his or her original license.
- A certificate of training received from an authorized school must be submitted on form number 5.
- A fee of Rs.200 must be paid for the smart card.
When adding hazardous goods to a transport vehicle the candidate is required to satisfy the following conditions.
- The applicant should provide his particulars on the prescribed application.
- A certificate of training received [3 days] and issued by any state or central government must be submitted.
- The applicant is required to pay the fee of Rs.50, which is applicable.
- The endorsement provided will be valid for a year.
When authorization is required as a transport vehicle, the following conditions will apply.
- The application must be submitted on form TVA.
- The police must have provided the applicant with a certificate of good conduct.
- A certificate of training received must be submitted on form number 5.
- The applicable fees of Rs.50 must be paid.
Adding additional categories of two wheelers will require the following from the applicant.
- A request should be submitted to the RTO on form number 8.
- The original driving license should accompany the form.
- The fees of Rs.200 must be paid for this smart card driving license.
- The applicant will be given an opportunity to take a driving test within 30 days after he or she has received the learners license.
Duplicate Driving Licence in Madhya Pradesh MP
There are instances where licences can get damaged, lost, misplaced or even stolen, and therefore, advice is provided that license holders always keep a duplicate copy of the license along with them. In the event of a license getting misplaced, one of the first steps, which needs to be taken is to report the loss good authority concerned or the nearest police station. After the complaint has been submitted the candidate will be provided a receipt acknowledging the complaint which can be submitted to the RTO to receive a duplicate driving license.
It can be easy to obtain a duplicate driving license if the candidate has details of the number of the license along with the date of issue. If the candidate does not have the details, he or she will need to make a fresh application for the license with the RTO that issued the license initially. The documents needed to obtain a duplicate driving license are as follows:
Documents Required for Duplicate Licence
- Application form along with a copy of the LLD, FIR or NCR of the lost, misplaced or stolen license.
- If the Licence is stolen, then process for applying duplicate driving license should get in to legal documentation by submitting a First Investigation Report (FIR) from Police station.
- If the Licence is not lost, instead if it got damaged, you are good to submit the Original Driving License.
- It is always recommended to keep xerox/photocopies of the actual driving licence, to make the process easy for the assessing officer in the RTO office, but don’t worry if you don’t have any.
- Depending on the RTO office, you may be asked for age proof and address proof which you have used for applying original driving licence.
- Challan clearance report from the traffic police for commercial driving licenses.
- Form 1 self-declaration of physical fitness.
- Proof of residence.
Renewal of Driving License
Driving licenses expires after a certain time depending upon the age of the license holder and the date of issue. Licenses are generally valid over a period of 20 years after being issued. The license needs to be renewed before the expiry the license holder is exceeding the age of 50 [whichever is earlier]. Given below is the list of documents that need to be submitted during the renewal of a driving license.
The following is the conditions are applied by the state of Madhya Pradesh MP for the renewal of driving licenses.
- License holders have a grace period of 30 days two renew their driving license.
- Numerous people look forward to renewing their licenses five years ahead of time and in such cases, they are not required to undergo any tests. The license which is renewed will remain valid from the date of the renewal.
- Form number 9 must be completed and submitted to the RTO.
- The original driving license must also accompany the form.
- License holders over the age of 50 when applying for the renewal of a transport license must also submit a medical certificate on form 1 A.
- A fee of Rs.50 apart from the Rs.200 which will be charged for the smart card must be paid. An additional charge of Rs.50 will become applicable for any delays.
- A no objection certificate [NOC] issued by the concerned RTO must also be submitted.
Given below is the list of documents that need to be submitted during the renewal of a driving license.
Private Vehicle License
- Form 9 along with the fees of Rs.250.
- Form 1 which is a self declaration of physical fitness.
- The original driving license.
- Three passport size photographs.
- Proof of age in the form of birth certificate, passport, voters ID or Adhaar card.
- Current proof of residence which can include passport, ration card, utility bill or lease or rental agreement.
Commercial Vehicle License
- All documents as mentioned for the private vehicle license will be needed even for vehicles of these types.
- It is mandatory for license holders also to submit a medical certificate in form 1 A.
- Driver refresher training certificate if the license order is driving a heavy motor vehicle.
The applications and documents submitted for the renewal must be authentic and appropriately completed. The verification process can be delayed if improper information is provided to the RTO. The documents for commercial vehicle license renewal must be authenticated by the issuing authority. Photocopies of any documents submitted must be attested by a gazetted officer or Notary Public. Renewals of licenses for private vehicles are generally completed on the day of receiving the application. Commercial vehicle licenses are dispatched regardless of the applicant after they have been adequately substantiated.
Corrections in Driving Licence
The candidate must complete the application form for the driving license with information, which is appropriate and relates to him or her if they do not intend to get embroiled in unnecessary hassles. However, it has often been noticed that errors in spelling the name, and the address occur.
When looking forward to making corrections on the driving license the candidate will be required to complete the relevant applications which are available with the RTO or even online before they are submitted.
The officer concerned will verify the corrections and after approval, the new license with the amended details will be provided. The driving license will be available for the candidate on the same day from the office of the RTO, but they will be required to pay a small fee for the corrections which have been noticed.
Errors Liable for Correction in Driving Licence
- Correction in the Name of the Driving Licence holder.
- Correction in the Last name/Initials of the DL holder.
- Changes in the Address of the Driving license Holder
- Date of birth of Driving Licence Holder
- Blood group of Driving License Holder
International Driving Licence Permit ( IDP ) in Madhya Pradesh MP
As it is the case with all state governments, the government of Madhya Pradesh MP will also issue an international driving license [IDP] subject to the following conditions.
- Indian citizens are eligible to apply for and receive an international driving license when they report to the RTO in person.
- They will be required to complete form 4 A and also provide a medical certificate in form 1 A.
- The fee applicable for an IDP is Rs.500.
- The candidate will also be required to provide copies of the visa, his or her passport, passport size photographs numbering three along with their existing driving license.
- The IDP is valid over a period to one year or until the expiry of the existing license whichever is earlier.
- A duplicate international driving permit is not renewed after it expires.
- The international driving permit is handed over to the applicant in person.
International driving permits are issued from various zonal offices. The validity of this permit is for one year. You are required to get your licence from the country your visiting within one year period. Following documents are to be produced at the time of applying for a International driving permit :-
- Valid driving licence issued.
- attested copy of address proof.
- attested copy of Birth certificate
- Valid passport
- Valid Visa
- Fee of Rs. 200/-
- Two passport size photograph.