Applying for a driving licence seems to be a hobby among every second individual within Punjab ? Ever since the liberalization of the economy in 1994 the people in Punjab are getting access to modern vehicles and the funds to purchase them, infact ends with applying for driving license.
Purchasing a vehicle of their choice will not serve its purpose unless the purchaser also has a driving license within his or her possession. The transport department of India has made it mandatory for every individual not to drive on the roads or in any part of India without a valid license, and these stipulations are logical for every individual regardless of the place he or she could be residing in.
Driving Licence Process in Punjab
People from Punjab always wanted to have driving licenses either for driving farm equipment or in the case of Army personnel for using two wheelers, which are quite popular with them. With the passage of time and the availability of modern vehicles, the people of Punjab have been making applications for driving licenses for vehicles, which are commonly being used by the general public.
The state of Punjab which is situated on the northernmost side of India is mainly acknowledged as the state which ushered in the green revolution during the days when famine had struck India. Residents of Punjab are as well primary members of the Indian Army and are serving along most international borders of the country.
The description furnished for the state may provide an impression that people are either involved in farming or serving within the Army. However, the state of Punjab has developed faster than some other states within India and has progressed to a level where it has become necessary for the central government to have a localized transport department of Punjab, which can issue driving licenses for people within the state.
Punjab has always been a prosperous state even before the partition which took place in 1947 when the country was broken into two by the British occupiers. Punjab also witnessed a number of violent riots during the partition that left a scar on both nations.
Fortunately, the people of Punjab managed to overcome their grief with passing years and concentrated on making the state prosperous as it was all over again. Getting a driving license in Punjab requires an individual to go through the same procedures that can be seen in any other part of India.
Types Of Driving Licence in Punjab
The people of Punjab are known to be fun-loving and are always involved in activities, which require them to move around to different places. The availability of modern vehicles certainly made it easier for them to move around, and the transport authorities throughout the state must be commended for the ease which they managed to bring in when they were required to issue driving licences for varying applicants.
Apart from having a nature which is fun-loving people of Punjab are also known to be hotheaded and are willing for a fight at any time. People of Punjab do not mind laughing at themselves but at the same time will not tolerate inadvertent behavior from individuals and authorities who may be responsible of government departments. The transport department of Punjab is aware of the behavior of the people and has therefore made it easier for large numbers to apply for and receive driving licenses as needed.
- Transport vehicles which can be used to drive commercial and goods vehicles.
- Light motor vehicle [passenger] within this category is included vehicles like taxis, autorickshaw’s, delivery vans and Jeeps.
- Medium goods vehicle – this category includes vehicles like tempos and delivery trucks, which are used for the transportation of goods.
- Medium passenger vehicle – these are specifically issued for minivans, tempos for passengers and larger commercial vehicles.
- Heavy goods vehicle – trucks and large vans which are used for the transportation of goods are included in this category.
- Heavy passenger motor vehicle – this type of license is usually issued for vehicles like buses, which are used as commercial passenger transport.
- Road rollers.
- Non-transport vehicles – the license is given to applicants who are driving private vehicles.
- Motorcycle with gear includes vehicles such as scooters and mopeds.
- Motorcycle with gear – the category is for all motorcycles with gears.
- Light motor vehicle – the category includes vehicles like sedans and hatchbacks.
- If you are looking forward to driving a vehicle which is not specified within the category above you have an option just to apply for a motor vehicle license.
Eligibility For Driving License in Punjab
The transport department of Punjab has not eased the procedure for applying for a driving license in any manner, and it remains the same as with any other state within India. People are still required to apply for and receive a learner’s license and wait for 30 days when they will be eligible to apply for a permanent driving license. The forms which need to be completed are the same and the documents which the transport department will demand are again of a similar nature.
Perhaps the only difference which will be noticed by people from other states will be in the approach adopted by the transport department of Punjab, which is making efforts to understand that a driving license can be a source of livelihood for numerous individuals from within the state.
It is also a document which people from Punjab will require when they find the need to operate farm equipment of any kind. Two wheelers and motorcycles without gears also require licenses, and the student fraternity of the state is extremely active in this segment because they are using it as a method of commuting to and from school or college.
- If you are in the age group of 16 or just above you will need the consent of your parents or your guardian’s before you make an application for the Driving Licence.
- Your word will not be accepted by Punjab MVD, Transport Department, and therefore, you will be required to provide proof of age along with validated proof of your residence.
- As an applicant for a Driving License, you would be required to be well-versed with the rules and regulations as they have been stipulated by the Punjab MVD, Transport Department Motor Vehicles Department.
- If you are over the age of 18 and are looking forward to applying for a Driving Licence for commercial and transport vehicles you are also required to have finished at least the eighth grade in schooling. It will be beneficial for you to understand that some states within India require applicants within this category to be at least 20 years of age.
Fees for Driving License (DL)
Driving Licence fee to be paid is mentioned below while submitting Documents. You may reach out to a Driving School / Agent to make DL application process easier.
For your reference adding Fee details apart from Smart Card Driving Licence
|Issue of Learner’s Driving Licence||150|
|Permanent Driving Licence in Form 7 (Smart Card)||200|
|International Driving Permit in Form 4A||500|
|Renewal of DL in Form 7 (Smart Card)||200|
|Driving test for each category of vehicle||50|
|Conductor Licence fees||Half of DL fees|
|Endorsement of new class of vehicle in Smart Card||200|
|Registration / renewal of Driver Training School||2500|
|For second copy of Registration / renewal of Driver Training School||2500|
|For appeal against orders of the Licensing Authority||100|
|Trade certificate (Motorcycle)||50|
|Trade certificate (Invalid carriage)||50|
|Renewal of trade certificate (motorcycle / invalid carriage)||50 each|
Learners Driving License in Punjab
The transport department of Punjab has not eased the procedure for applying for a driving licence in any manner, and it remains the same as with any other state within India. People are still required to apply for and receive a learner’s driving license and wait for 30 days when they will be eligible to apply for a permanent driving licence. The forms which need to be completed are the same and the documents which the transport department will demand are again of a similar nature.
- Age greater than 16 years but are less than 18 years are eligible for a license to drive only a motor cycle upto 50cc engine capacity i.e. motor cycle without gear. For this, they require the consent of their parents / guardians.
- Age greater than 18 years are eligible to obtain license for a motor cycle equipped with gears and also for a Light Motor Vehicle [Motor Car].
- Age greater than 20 years of age are eligible to obtain a license to drive a transport vehicle, i.e., a vehicle used to carry passengers or goods for hire or reward etc. such as taxi, auto rickshaw, bus or truck but they must have passed middle standard examination i.e. 8th standard.
- However, no person shall be granted a Learner’s license to drive a medium or heavy goods vehicle or passenger vehicle unless he has held a driving license valid for a light motor vehicle (LMV) for at least one year.
A Learner’s license is essential for obtaining a driving license.
2.Fee for learners licence in Punjab
|Rs.150/-||for one type/category.|
|Rs.210/-||for two type/categories.|
|Rs.240/-||for three type/categories.|
3.Documents Required for Learners Licence in Punjab
You are required to provide information about yourselves, which will include your name, address, date of birth and place of birth.
a. Acceptable Documents For Personal Identification
- Your birth certificate.
- Your PAN card.
- Your passport.
- Your report card from school showing that you have cleared the 10th grade.
- A transfer certificate from your school which would have your birth date printed on it.
b. Proof Of Address
- Electricity and telephone bills which may have been issued recently.
- LIC bond.
- Aadhaar card.
- Agreement of the house.
- Ration card.
c. Proof Of Age
- Birth certificate.
- Pan card.
- A certificate of transfer from any school which contains the date of birth of the applicant.
- A Mark sheet of the 10th grade to ensure that the applicant has received some education.
4.Restrictions for Learners Driving Licence Holders
Provided that a learner’s licence limited to driving an invalid carriage may be issued to the applicant, if the licensing authority is satisfied that he is fit to drive such a carriage.
- No learner’s licence shall be issued to any applicant unless he passes to the satisfaction of the licensing authority such test as may be prescribed by the Central Government.
- When an application has been duly made to the appropriate licensing authority and the applicant has satisfied such authority of his physical fitness under sub-section (3) and has passed to the satisfaction of the licensing authority the test referred to in sub-section (5), the licensing authority shall, subject to the provisions, issue the applicant a learner’s licence unless the applicant is disqualified under for driving a motor vehicle or is for the time being disqualified for holding or obtaining a licence to drive a motor vehicle:
Provided that a licensing authority may issue a learner’s licence to drive a motor cycle or a light motor vehicle notwithstanding that it is not the appropriate licensing authority, if such authority is satisfied that there is good reason for the applicant’s inability to apply to the appropriate licensing authority.
- Where the Central Government is satisfied that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by rules made in this behalf, exempt generally, either absolutely or subject to such conditions as may be specified in the rules, any class of persons from the provisions of sub-section (3), or sub-section (5), or both.
- Any learner’s licence for driving a motor cycle in force immediately before the commencement of this Act shall, after such commencement, be deemed to be effective for driving a motor cycle with or without gear.
5.Application form for Learners Licence
When you are applying for a learner’s driving Licence for a single category of vehicle or two categories, you will need to complete Form 1, 1 A, and 2.
- Navigate to Official website of Punjab Transport to Download application forms. Form1 Form1A Form2
- Fill downloaded forms for learners licence and submit to RTO with Prescribed fee.
- When you are applying for a permanent driving Licence, you will be required to complete form 4 regardless of whether your application is pertaining to a single category of vehicle or two categories.
- If you are looking forward to adding another class of vehicles within the driving Licence, you will be needed to complete form 8.
- If your application is for an international driving permit, none of the above will be appropriate for your requirements because you will need to complete form 1 A and 4A.
- If you have lost or misplaced your driving Licence and need to apply for a duplicate driving Licence you will need to complete the form LLD.
- If for any reason, you are required to renew your driving Licence, the form that needs to be completed is 9, 1 and 1A.
6.Applied for Learners Driving Licence ? What’s Next ?
People from Punjab are commonly seen driving around with heavy trucks and transporting goods throughout the country. It could easily make people wonder whether the primary occupation of people in Punjab is only to drive vehicles and transport goods.
However, it must be understood that people from Punjab are in addition to besides some of the major fleet owners who had commenced their business with just a single vehicle during the initial stages. Presently, they have operations throughout the country while also having a base within their home state of Punjab.
These are not people who are accustomed to driving just trucks but are also adept in handling vehicles or other types like cars, buses, Etc. Driving without a license is an offense even in Punjab, and this is a matter which is well understood by the people throughout the state.
After you obtain your learners license one of your first objectives should be the master the type of vehicle mentioned on the license in person. You must understand you will be required to undergo testing when you apply for a permanent license with the type of vehicle for which you would have obtained the learner’s license.
At the same time, you must also be looking forward to understanding the traffic rules which are being applied within the state and make an effort to learn the signs and signals which you would be required to use regularly. The learner’s license is valid over a period to six months, but if you believe that you have mastered driving the vehicle and also have all the information needed about the rules and regulations you can definitely appear in a test for the permanent driving license.
Once You are confident to appear for Learners Driving Licence Test, You can head to RTO office to appear for the Licence Test Exam. Here is what you have to do.
- Visit RTO (best to reach by 9 to 10am) due to crowd and avoid long queue.
- Take challan from ground floor challan counter
- Go to LL inspector room where they check your documents and file.
- After that we have to go camera room where they take photo, eye scan and finger print.
- Then to go data entry room.
- Once we go through all these procedure then time for road sign test. we can choose computer test or oral test.
Computer test has 15 multiple choice questions of traffic rules and signs and you will be provided with 15 min to answer them. You will get to know the score immediately after the test. Once test is finished, RTO inspector will guide you to take eye test.
Oral test is bit easy compared to Computer Test as the officer asks you to explain hand signals, street signs, parking points etc.
Chances of getting failed in learners test is Null. If in case if you fail in Learners test, don’t get disappointed. Re-test is allowed and you may reappear after preparing again.
Permanent Driving Licence In Punjab
Following the law is a lesson which is learned early by the people of Punjab, mainly due to their longing to become active members of the Indian Army. Exceptions can definitely be noted just as in other parts of India where people would be looking forward to circumventing the law for various reasons. However, it can be confirmed that people from Punjab are some of the best vehicle drivers within the country and are fully knowledgeable about all the traffic rules, which are applicable.
People who are desirous of applying for a driving license in Punjab can rest assured that their application will receive the attention it deserves and the transport department of Punjab will make all efforts to issue the license at the earliest. This does not indicate that the transport department of the state is enthusiastic about issuing driving licenses for all and sundry.
They are just taking into account the needs of people and are prepared to serve them in the best manner as they are required to. When students apply for licenses, they are advised about the eligibility criteria which they would be required to meet. Upon verifying the credentials of the applicant and confirming his or her eligibility, they are willing to issue the learner’s license or even the permanent driving license after the candidate has cleared the tests.
The officers of the transport department are taking into consideration the fact that Punjab does not have adequate public transportation facilities, and people are required to depend on private operators who are not appropriately equipped. They also consider the fact that students need to move to and from school and could be living in far-off places.
If students receive the benefit of doubt when applying for driving licenses could women remain far behind before the officials? The people of Punjab are also acknowledged to be courteous to the others and especially with women, and it can be confirmed that they will not have any difficulties in obtaining a license whenever they desire. They just need to fulfill the conditions laid down by the transport department of Punjab and provide all documentation demanded along with the fees before they become proud owners of a driving license.
Candidates who are looking forward to applying for a driving license in Punjab has the option of doing so by visiting the RTO or even completing the procedure from the comfort of their home by using the online method. However, before going ahead with the procedure candidates is advised to ensure their eligibility as specified by the motor vehicles act within the state. The road transport department within Punjab has specified the following:
- Individuals over the age of 16 will be eligible to apply for a two wheeler driving license while the minimum age for a vehicle driving license has been stipulated at 18.
- Applicants who wish to apply for a transport vehicle driving license must be over 20 years of age.
- Applicants must initially apply for a learner’s driving license before applying for a permanent driving license.
- An individual will be eligible to apply for a permanent driving license only after he or she has completed a minimum of 30 days after receiving the learners driving license.
People have been given the option of making on-line and off-line applications for their driving license. Candidates who do not have the time at their disposal can submit online applications and need not to visit the RTO either for the collection of the form or to submit any documents.
a.Application Form For Driving License
As compared to many other states within India the procedures for making an license application have been simplified in Punjab. People who have access to the Internet can visit the official website of the transport department and complete the procedures after selecting the driving license tab on the homepage and complete the information which has been requested. Form4 must be used for Issuing regular Driving licence.
After the candidates have completed the form and uploaded the relevant documents or even decided to download the form in order to complete it at their convenience, they will be in a position to take the form with them during the time their test has been scheduled. Perhaps the only factor which the transport department was not able to consider within Punjab is the matter of completing the driving test online for which the candidates will be required to visit the RTO.
As it is the case with all transport offices throughout India the documents needed by the transport office of Punjab are no different. For your benefit, they have been specified below.
- Birth certificate.
- School certificate.
- voters identity card.
- Pan card.
- Any other documents which have been specified by the state government.
- Proof of address in the form of utility bills, or even a pay slip issued by the state or the central government.
The documents mentioned above must be submitted along with the fees specified, which can range from Rs.200 for a computerized chip license along with the fee for Rs.50 for the driving test. Applicants who may not be comfortable with having a computerized chip license can opt for an ordinary driving license which will only cost 40 Rupees.
People who desire to apply for a driving licence does have the option of choosing the type of vehicle for which they would require a permit to drive. The Regional Transport Office Of Punjab provides licences for the following types of vehicles which people may desire to use according to their requirements.
The entire procedure will be completed online by the RTO, and the applicant will also receive an acknowledgment at every stage of the application procedure.
At this moment, Punjab Transport Department has not started online facility for Driving Licence, You still have to follow traditional method.
Please note, all Documents should be Original as there would be a physical verification.
- Online Acknowledgement Slip
- Online Application Form
- Learners Licence
- Identity Documents
- Local and Permanent Address proof
- 3-4 Passport Sized Photograph
- RC Book of your vehicle.
- Insurance Copy
- PUC certificate
- ‘L’ Board for the vehicle
- Challan of Rs.300 (I will talk about it in Few minutes)
L Board for the vehicle is mandatory, as we are still holding the Learners Licence. You are not supposed to drive in Public roads without ‘L’ board until you get the driving licence.
Driving Licence Application form must be filled with utter care to ensure there are no errors and no field should be left unattended while applying for Driving License (DL) in Punjab. If You are planning to apply for converting existing driving license to Smart Card Licence, this form can be used.
- When you are applying for a Driving License, you will be required to complete form 4 regardless of whether your application is pertaining to a single category of vehicle or two categories.
- If you are looking forward to adding another class of vehicles within the Smart Card Driving Licence, you will be needed to complete form 8.
- If your application is for an International Driving Permit, none of the above will be appropriate for your requirements because you will need to complete form 1 A and 4A. (Please note IDP is not issued as Smart Card till the date)
- If you have lost or misplaced your Smart Card Driver’s License ( DL) and need to apply for a duplicate driving Licence you will need to complete the form LLD.
- If for any reason, you are required to renew your Smart Card Driving Licence, the form that needs to be completed is 9, 1 and 1A.
The Day of Driving Test In Punjab
Excited..! Hell Yeah ? Read Further, We are closing the Target.
This is the Crucial Phase of Driving License Test in Punjab. Today, In the Public Roads, You will have to show the Inspector that You are capable of Driving a Vehicle Either Bike, Car or Whatever Vehicle You wish to Earn Driving Licence for.
Be Prepared very well with Hand Signals while Starting, allowing other vehicles to pass us while driving (Overtaking in India :D), while Stopping vehicle (Hand Signal + Indicator) etc.
- On the Day of Road Test, Ensure to Reach the RTO Office atleast by 9:00 am where you applied for Driving Licence. The Road Test may happen at any time before 3 pm.
- Pay Rs.300 and get a Challan for the Licence and Another one of Rs. 100 INR for DL Test.
- Go and meet the File Inspector to verify all documents are in place as expected.
- Once done, Register your Finger Prints and Photographs.
- Ask their guidance to find the officer/clerk who will enter your data in the system.
- Move on to the Inspector Room who will again check for all Documents required for the Driving License and Road Test.
- Now its time to sit back and relax for sometime. The RTO Officer may ask you to wait on the test spot infront of the office.
- Test may start at any time after 11:30am, please be calm until your turn comes up.
- For two wheelers, usually they ask you to make a ‘U’ turn on the street, ensure you are scoring it with relevant hand signals.
- There is a possibility that, RTO officer may ask to make a circle, ensure to park the vehicle always on the left hand side before and after the test.
Test Assessment Points / Parameters
- Adjust rear view mirror.
- Take suitable precautions like fastening of seat belts etc before starting engine.
- Move away safely and smoothly straight ahead at an angle while at the same time use of all gears.
- Change quickly to lower gear when the traffic conditions warrant such change.
- Change quickly to lower gears while driving down hill.
- Stop and restart on steep upward incline make proper use of hand brakes and of the foot brakes without rolling back, turn right and left corners correctly using rear view mirror before signaling
- Over take and allow to be overtaken safely with proper caution giving appropriate signals.
- Give appropriate signals by hand or by electrical indicators clearly without mistake.
- Change the lanes using proper signals with care.
- Stop the vehicle in an emergency safely.
- Use of the reverse gear while driving the vehicle backwards with reasonable accuracy.
- Use the forward and reverse gears to change the face of vehicle in opposite direction.
- Take correct and prompt action at signals given by traffic signs ,signals, policemen and other road users.
- Drive cautiously at pedestrians crossings giving preference to persons crossing the road.
- Keep well to the left in normal driving.
- Regulate the speed to suit varying road and traffic conditions.
- Demonstrate control of the vehicle by confident steering and smooth gear changing and braking as and when required.
- Make proper use of rear view mirror before signaling, maneuvering, overtaking , turning to right or stopping.
- Use proper side when driving straight, turning and at road junctions.
- Make proper use of accelerator, clutch, gears, brakes, steering and horn.
- Anticipate the actions of other road users.
- Take precautions at intersections & road junctions to adjust the speed , proper positioning of the vehicle , use rear view mirror & avoidance of cutting right hand corner.
- Concentrate on driving with attention & presence of mind.
- Show courtesy & consideration for other road users keeping in mind the road safety.
Once you are completed successfully, You may Receive the Licence in Smart Card form with in 3-4 weeks.
RTO Offices in Punjab
|RTO Locations||RTO Code|
|Dera Baba Nanak||PB58|
|Nihal Singh Wala||PB66|
|Guru Har Sahai||PB77|
Addition of New Class of Vehicle to a DL
A person holding a driving licence for Motor Cycle ( Bike ) may similarly apply for addition of a light motor vehicle (Car etc.) at any time. Documents Required are
- Valid Driving Licence.
- Valid Learners’ Licence for the category.
- Application in Form 8.
- Form 1(Self declaration as to the physical fitness for Non- Transport vehicles only).
- Form 1A (Medical Certificate-for Transport Vehicles only).
- Fees as prescribed along with user charges.
Duplicate Driving License in Punjab
Are you worried after losing driving license and looking more details on how to apply for a duplicate licence. You are not alone this largest democratic country. There are 1000’s of duplicate driving driving licence applications coming in to RTO office.
We may easily ask for reissue of driving license online or by the traditional method of submitting form.However, the matters are not as complicated as believed because the transport department is also aware about how such incidences can occur.To start with you may keep lost driving licence form download ed. Duplicate driving licence form is known as LLD.
Documents Required for Duplicate Licence
- Intimation of Loss or destruction of driving license and application for duplicate licence, or known as LLD.
- If the Licence is stolen, then process for applying duplicate driving license should get in to legal documentation by submitting a First Investigation Report (FIR) from Police station.
- If the Licence is not lost, instead if it got damaged, you are good to submit the Original Driving License.
- It is always recommended to keep xerox/photocopies of the actual driving licence, to make the process easy for the assessing officer in the RTO office, but don’t worry if you don’t have any.
- Depending on the RTO office, you may be asked for age proof and address proof which you have used for applying original driving licence.
Renewal of Driving License
A Driving License has no exception to this rule and when it has passed its validity, you will be required to make an application with The Transport Authority of India for the renewal of the Driving licence.
- Information about whether their driving license has been revoked for any reason must also be provided.
- If the licensee has passed the age of 50, he or she will be required also to furnish a medical certificate in form 1A.
- They are also required to pay the fees of Rs.485 along with their application for the renewal.
Corrections in Driving Licence
Regardless of the reasons for the errors in the personal details of the licensee , it is essential that the same be rectified without delays. The subject of making corrections in a Driving license therefore, become important immediately when the matter is noticed.
Errors Liable for Correction in Driving Licence
- Correction in the Name of the Driving Licence holder.
- Correction in the Last name/Initials of the DL holder.
- Changes in the Address of the Driving license Holder
- Date of birth of Driving Licence Holder
- Blood group of Driving License Holder
The licensee making an application for the corrections to be made in the driving licence must complete the form LLD and form 1 which will provide the transport department with the personal information about the individual.
International Driving Licence ( IDP ) Permit in Punjab
International driving permits IDP are issued from various zonal offices. The validity of this permit is for one year. You are required to get your licence from the country your visiting within one year period. Following documents are to be produced at the time of applying for a International driving permit :-
- Valid driving licence issued.
- attested copy of address proof.
- attested copy of Birth certificate
- Valid passport
- Valid Visa
- Fee of Rs. 200/-
- Two passport size photograph.
Other Side of Punjab Driving License
After reading about how the transport department of Punjab is willing to accommodate the requests for driving licenses and even make it easier for people to obtain the license people are advised not to believe that the department does not have the wherewithal to act against people who are routinely circumventing the laws as it is the case with fleet owners who are managing commercial passenger vehicles and are involved in numerous accidents, which have caused a number of fatalities.
The transport department is well aware of the tricks of the trade and is doing everything within their capacity to apprehend the violators and also looking forward to putting a stop to incidents like these. Unfortunately, some of the major fleet owners are the politicians of the state who are willing to manipulate the laws in their favor even to get away from such incidents.
The procedures for applying for a driving license remain the same throughout India regardless of the state where the application is being submitted. Applicants must remember that they are required to provide proof of age, residence, personal identification issued by an authoritative source and complete the forms that will be provided by the RTO along with the fees that are applicable.
People can definitely make use of RTO agents who are willing to their services for a fee if they do not have the time at their disposal to go through the procedures themselves. Unfortunately numerous people have been scammed by agents who have charged exorbitant sums of money for a driving license which only cost a couple of hundred Rupees. Therefore, it would be better if people decided to learn for themselves about how they can obtain a driving license within the state they are living in and consider going through the procedures without external help.
Making applications for driving licenses by using on-line options is another opportunity, which is slowly beginning to make its mark within the country. India has been a late entrant into the online world and the systems which are presently available are not centralized as it is with the developed world. However, a number of states have begun accepting applications in their entirety and presently people are only required to visit the RTO to complete the driving test which will be held on a scheduled date. Things are definitely getting better for people who are desiring to apply for a driving license and with the passage of time, it is certain that India will have a centralized system which will make it easier for all to complete these procedures.
The state of Punjab has yet to develop fully according to the technological requirements that are presently in demand. The transport department of Punjab is certainly making an effort to satisfy the requirements of applicants for a driving license by adopting an approach which is people friendly. In the days to come, they can only improve for the better and make it even easier to obtain a driving license from Punjab.
Should you have any Questions ? Let us know in Comments..