Driving Licence Guide – A Driving License is an official document that is issued by the regulatory bodies within the states of India, MVD or Motor Vehicles Department and RTO. The Central government who controls MVD throughout the states has issued a stipulation that no individual will be allowed to use a vehicle, unless he or she has applied for and is holding a valid driving license in India.
What is Driving Licence ?
In India Driving Licence ( DL ) is a Document officially authorize the holder to drive motor vehicles such as a motorcycle, car, truck, or bus on a public road across the country.
Regardless of whether you are looking forward toke using a motorized vehicle of any type, it is essential for you to apply for and hold a valid driving licence(But understand the different types of driving licences). The licence will be issued by the Regional Transport Authority [RTA] Or The Regional Transport Office [RTO], within the state where the individual intends to use a vehicle for commuting regularly or to use the vehicle for purposes of business or pleasure.
What Can a Driving License ( DL ) Be Used for?
- A driving licence ( DL )is issued for driving a vehicle which will be specified in the document. The license is providing permission for the individual to use vehicles in the road in any part from the country of residence.
- This is a valid document issued by the government within the country and can therefore, also be considered as valid proof of identification.
- The driving license carries all information about the individual along with their date of birth, place of birth, blood group and permanent residential address, and therefore, it is considered as a valid document for identification purposes.
Driving License Categories in India
While Applying for Driving License in India, Please do note you will have to mention the type of vehicle against which Licence is applying for. Below are the categories of vehicles against which a Driving License Application can be made.
- Motorcycles with an engine capacity of 50 cc or lower than 50 cc.
- Motorcycles which have gears along with an engine capacity in excess of 50 cc or more, Light Motor Vehicles [LMV’s] which also includes cars.
- Motorcycles of all types, including those with gears.
- Motorcycles with an engine capacity of any type but without gears and these can include scooters and mopeds.
- Light motor vehicles for personal use.
- Light motor vehicles for commercial purposes.
- JCB, Excavator, Construction HGV
- Heavy passenger motor vehicle. These vehicles are provided by a document which is identified as the All India Driving Permit and the document is issued for trucks, buses, cars and is also classified as an open license.
- Heavy goods motor vehicle.
- Individuals who are holding a heavy vehicle driving license are also qualified to apply for a licence to drive heavy trailers.
Eligibility For Driving Licence
Are you Eligible to obtain Driving licence in India ? If you are considering the use of a vehicle for commuting to work or even for pursuing your studies, you should primarily make an effort to understand whether you are eligible to obtain a Driving License or not.Tests to determine your levels of expertise of driving a vehicle and your understanding about the rules and regulations will also be conducted. You are required to satisfy every single criterion, which has been specified without which you will not be eligible for the License.
- If you are in the age group of 16 or just above you will need the consent of your parents or your guardian’s before you make an application for the Driving Licence.
- Your word will not be accepted by MVD, Motor Vehicles Department and therefore, you will be required to provide proof of age along with validated proof of your residence.
- As an applicant for a Driving License, you would be required to be well-versed with the rules and regulations as they have been stipulated by the MVD, Motor Vehicles Department.
- If you are over the age of 18 and are looking forward to applying for a Driving Licence for commercial and transport vehicles you are also required to have finished at least the eighth grade in schooling. It will be beneficial for you to understand that some states within India require applicants within this category to be at least 20 years of age.
Instructions for Driving Licence ( DL ) in India
You are advised not to ignore or overlook the eligibility criteria which have been specified for obtaining a permanent driving Licence. The criterion in place as a safeguard for you, and therefore, you should make all attempts to ensure that you are a fully eligible and deserving candidates for a permanent Driving Licence.
You will not be allowed to use the vehicle of your choice unless you are a holder of this document. It will be essential for you to understand that a permanent driving license will not be available to you within the neighbourhood supermarket or a grocery.
You will not just be required to certify the criteria but will as well need to provide some documents before you are considered as an eligible candidate for the permanent driving Licence.
Learners Driving License ( DL ) in India
As a fresh applicant of a Learners Driving Licence, you will initially be required to understand the type of vehicle you intend to use either for work or for studies. You would also find it beneficial to understand the following information which has been provided because you will be in a better position to satisfy the criteria which has been specified by the RTO Or RTA.
If you are an individual over the age of 18 you will not come across any difficulties in making an application for a Learners driving Licence regardless of the type of vehicle you intend to use by yourselves.
Application Forms for Learners Licence in India ( DL )
When you are applying for a learners driving Licence for a single category of vehicle or two categories, you will need to complete Form 1, 1 A, and 2.
- Form 1 for Application-cum-Declaration as to Physical Fitness – Download
- Form 1A (Medical Certificate) – Download
- Form 2 Form of Applicant for the Grant of Learner’s Licence – Download
Online Application for Learners Driving License ( DL )
Most of the states MVD and RTO tied up to implement Online Application form for Learners Licence.
Candidates will also be required to undergo an aptitude test to provide evidence of their knowledge about the theory of driving and road signs. They will have an opportunity to appear at the test by providing information on the date which is convenient for them on the application form for the learners driving license.
The aptitude test should not be considered as a concern because the transport department is just trying to understand whether the candidate has any knowledge about driving or the rules that are applicable on the roads. If the candidate manages to clear the test, they will be issued to learners driving license the same day.
To submit Online Application for Learners Licence in Kerala Click Here
Fee for Learners Licence
Fee for One Class of Learners License is Rs.30/- INR. For additional classes/category of License, multiples of original fee has to be paid.
Validity of Learners Licence LL
A learner’s driving Licence has a validity period of six months, but the candidate can apply for a permanent driving Licence after just 30 days of obtaining the learner’s driving Licence.
List of Documents for Driving Licence ( DL )
Applicants looking forward to making an application for obtaining a Driving license must not consider the documentation requested by the transport authorities as a hassle because the procedure has been established to ensure fast completion of the procedure.
The documents must be submitted when making the application regardless of whether the applicant is visiting the transport office in person or making an online application. The following documents are essential when applying for a Driving licence in India.
- Acceptable Documents For Personal Identification
- Your birth certificate.
- Your PAN card.
- Your passport.
- Your report card from school showing that you have cleared the 10th grade.
- A transfer certificate from your school which would have your birth date printed on it.
- Proof Of Address
- Electricity and telephone bills which may have been issued recently.
- LIC bond.
- Aadhaar card.
- Agreement of the house.
- Ration card.
- Proof Of Age
- Birth certificate.
- Pan card.
- A certificate of transfer from any school which contains the date of birth of the applicant.
- A Mark sheet of the 10th grade to ensure that the applicant has received some education.
- Documents For Current Address Proof
If you are living the life as a nomad and are regularly moving from one place to another and living in rented accommodation you will need the following documents.
- The lease agreement of your place along with the electricity bill.
- The lease agreement and the bill for liquefied petroleum gas.
You are not required to carry every single document listed above but only need to furnish a single copy of either one of the documents listed while applying for Permanent Driving Licence.
Other Requirements for Driving Licence DL
Driving License Applicants must also be prepared to pay the fees that will be applicable while making the application.
Driving Licence Applicants residing in states or cities other than their original place of birth and submit the rental agreement of their tenancy along with a copy of a utility bill, which can include charges for electricity and gas, which will have the present address noted.
Driving Licence Applicants will also be required to provide six passport size photographs when requesting for the Driving license.
Wherever applicable a medical certificate in the form of form 1A and 1 which will be signed by a certified doctor from the government must also be submitted.
Applicants for a Driving Licence do not have to remain concerned that they will be required to visit the offices under the transport authority and waste valuable time simply to obtain a provisional document. Arrangements have presently been made to submit applications online in many states within India.
Therefore, applicants presently have the opportunity to complete the entire procedure from the comfort of their home or office. However, they are required to remember that scanned copies of the documents which have been mentioned above must be attached to the application and should therefore make the arrangements necessary to fulfill this requirement.
Pre-checks for Driving License Application India
When you make an application for the permanent driving Licence, you will also be requested for one passport size photographs of yourself. You would already have given six passport size photographs to the department when making an application for the learner’s driving Licence. However, the one requested presently is in addition to the six submitted earlier.
You need also to hold a medical certificate in form 1A and 1 which will be issued by a doctor who is certified by the government. In case you are an applicant over the age of 40 you will find that the medical certificate is mandatory for you.
Application Form for Driving Licence (DL)
Driving Licence Application form must be filled with utter care to ensure there are no errors and no field should be left unattended while applying for Driving License (DL) in India. If You are planning to apply for converting existing driving license to Smart Card Licence, this form can be used.
- When you are applying for a Driving License, you will be required to complete form 4 regardless of whether your application is pertaining to a single category of vehicle or two categories.
- If you are looking forward to adding another class of vehicles within the Smart Card Driving Licence, you will be needed to complete form 8.
- If your application is for an International Driving Permit, none of the above will be appropriate for your requirements because you will need to complete form 1 A and 4A. (Please note IDP is not issued as Smart Card till the date)
- If you have lost or misplaced your Smart Card Driver’s License ( DL) and need to apply for a duplicate driving Licence you will need to complete the form LLD.
- If for any reason, you are required to renew your Smart Card Driving Licence, the form that needs to be completed is 9, 1 and 1A.
Driving Licence Form Sources
The forms will be available to from The Transport Authority of India if you decide to visit their offices in person. Alternatively, you can also download the forms from the website of the transport department and complete the same in-line with the specifications provided.
You can decide upon the method of obtaining the forms after considering factors like the time at your disposal, your accessibility to the Internet and any other conditions that may be required to satisfy the transport department.
Distinctive Forms Each Category of Driving License
When you look at the distinctive types of forms, which need to be completed when applying for a driving License regardless of whether it is for a learner, a permanent, an international drivers License, adding different classes of vehicles to the driving Licence, duplicate Licence and the renewal of the License it is likely that you could feel a sense of confusion.
It is for this very reason that we are looking forward to providing you the information with an intention to ease the entire procedure for you.
Multiple Sources For Driving License Forms
If you have access to the Internet, you can easily download any one of the forms, which has been mentioned within this discussion. As long as you complete the form according to the specifications mentioned you would be required to face no difficulties in obtaining the driving Licence of your choice
Fees for Driving License (DL)
Driving Licence fee to be paid is mentioned below while submitting Documents. You may reach out to a Driving School / Agent to make DL application process easier.
For your reference adding Fee details apart from Smart Card Driving Licence
|Issue of Learner’s Driving Licence||150|
|Permanent Driving Licence in Form 7 (Smart Card)||200|
|International Driving Permit in Form 4A||500|
|Renewal of DL in Form 7 (Smart Card)||200|
|Driving test for each category of vehicle||50|
|Conductor Licence fees||Half of DL fees|
|Endorsement of new class of vehicle in Smart Card||200|
|Registration / renewal of Driver Training School||2500|
|For second copy of Registration / renewal of Driver Training School||2500|
|For appeal against orders of the Licensing Authority||100|
|Trade certificate (Motorcycle)||50|
|Trade certificate (Invalid carriage)||50|
|Renewal of trade certificate (motorcycle / invalid carriage)||50 each|
Online Procedure for Driving Licence
When you consider applying for a Driving License (DL), you are not required to exhibit any degree of smartness than the others. Online Application for Driving Licence is being implemented by RTOs in different states across the country, now Let us take a look at the procedure for applying Driving License in smart card Form.
- Holders of a driving license within India will not find it difficult to apply for a DL ( Driving Licence) because they would have in possession all the information needed for driving in the local conditions.
- If you are freshly applying for a new driving license, you will have an opportunity to request for a Smart Card driving licence along with your application.
- Ensure to check all details in respective websites of each states, who handles motor vehicle department to get more details on Driving Licence.
- Prepare a check list for Documentation required, Have enough Photocopies of them, Passport sized photos etc.
- Be ready with Enough Cash in hand to pay the application fee. A smart card hardly cost Rs.200 INR from the normal Driving Licence fee. Please note, majority of the RTOs has not started accepting online transactions. Be sure not to get in to trouble at the last moment.
- Ensure to schedule an appointment online with RTO in your region before heading with Documents for Driving License.
- Please note, at this moment option do exist only for scheduling appointment for so that Driving License can be done with out any hassles without waiting in queue. You must follow normal procedure to apply for Smart Card Driving Licence until all RTOs implements online application.
- If In Case of Converting normal Driving License to Smart Card, You may directly visit RTO office (It would be a smart move if you had already made an online appointment) with all required documents above and fees prescribed. Once all document verification is done, you are done with 80% of the process for availing Driving Licence.
- Rest of the process will not take much time, as the License holder’s data feeding via POS terminals happen real quick for the Smart Card Driving License.
- Once all process in RTO office is completed, you may expect the Smart Card Driving Licence via post in 2-3 weeks.
Offline Procedure for Driving License
Offline procedure is what we follow in India for Driving Licence Application in Majority of the states. But yes, things are changing soon. You may reach out to an agent/Driving School or directly to RTO office for initiating Driving License applications.
- If you do not have the time at your disposal and decide to submit an application for (DL) Driving License you must not be under the impression that the necessity of documents will become exempted.
- You must make arrangements to have scanned copies of either of the documents in your possession and must attach them with your application for Driving Licence.
- Unfortunately, a scanned copy of your photograph will not be accepted, and therefore, you will be required to carry the same to the RTO or the RTA from where you are looking forward to obtaining the driving License.
- You need also to hold a medical certificate in form 1A and 1 which will be issued by a doctor who is certified by the government.
- In case you are an applicant over the age of 40, wish to avail Driving License, you will find that the medical certificate is mandatory for you.
- When you are applying for a Smart Card driving Licence, you will be required to complete form 4 regardless of whether your application is pertaining to a single category of vehicle or two categories.
- If you are looking forward to add another class of vehicles within the Existing driving Licence, you will be needed to complete form 8.
- If you have lost or misplaced your Smart Card driving License and need to apply for a duplicate DL you will need to complete the form LLD.
- If for any reason, you are required to renew your driving Licence, the form that needs to be completed is 9, 1 and 1A.
- Apart from the Documents, you will be tested for your Driving Skills by 8 or H depending on the category of vehicles.
Validity of Driving Licence
When a candidate is applying for a driving Licence of any type, he or she must understand that the document which will be issued by The Transport Authority of India will have a certain validity.
- Unlike in the case of a learner’s driving Licence where the validity period is just six months, a permanent driving Licence which is issued for light motor vehicles, and two wheelers will be valid over a period of 20 years.
- The candidate will have to surrender his or her learner’s driving Licence when they have applied for and passed the test for the permanent driving Licence.
- The validity period of 20 years for the Permanent driving Licence will only be applicable for candidates who are below the age of 50.
- Upon going over the age of 50 the candidate will have to renew his or her Licence by providing a medical certificate which confirms that they are fit to use the vehicle which has been specified in the Licence.
- While the permanent driving Licence issued to candidates who are operating commercial vehicles will remain valid until 20 years they are also required to have an additional badge according to The Rules of Road Regulation And The Motor Vehicles Act 1988.
- This badge has a validity period to three years and the same needs to be renewed at the time of its expiry. This rule is applicable for commercial vehicles like trucks, buses, taxis, Etc.
Corrections in Driving Licence
Regardless of the reasons for the errors in the personal details of the licensee , it is essential that the same be rectified without delays. The subject of making corrections in a Driving license therefore, become important immediately when the matter is noticed.
Errors Liable for Correction in Driving Licence
- Correction in the Name of the Driving Licence holder.
- Correction in the Last name/Initials of the DL holder.
- Changes in the Address of the Driving license Holder
- Date of birth of Driving Licence Holder
- Blood group of Driving License Holder
The licensee making an application for the corrections to be made in the driving licence must complete the form LLD and form 1 which will provide the transport department with the personal information about the individual.
Renewal of Driving License
A Driving License has no exception to this rule and when it has passed its validity, you will be required to make an application with The Transport Authority of India for the renewal of the Driving licence.
- Information about whether their driving license has been revoked for any reason must also be provided.
- If the licensee has passed the age of 50, he or she will be required also to furnish a medical certificate in form 1A.
- They are also required to pay the fees of Rs.485 along with their application for the renewal.
Duplicate Driving License
Are you worried after losing driving license and looking more details on how to apply for a duplicate licence. You are not alone this largest democratic country. There are 1000’s of duplicate driving driving licence applications coming in to RTO office.
We may easily ask for reissue of driving license online or by the traditional method of submitting form.However, the matters are not as complicated as believed because the transport department is also aware about how such incidences can occur.To start with you may keep lost driving licence form download ed. Duplicate driving licence form is known as LLD.
Documents for Duplicate Licence
- Intimation of Loss or destruction of driving license and application for duplicate licence, or known as LLD.
- If the Licence is stolen, then process for applying duplicate driving license should get in to legal documentation by submitting a First Investigation Report (FIR) from Police station.
- If the Licence is not lost, instead if it got damaged, you are good to submit the Original Driving License.
- It is always recommended to keep xerox/photocopies of the actual driving licence, to make the process easy for the assessing officer in the RTO office, but don’t worry if you don’t have any.
- Depending on the RTO office, you may be asked for age proof and address proof which you have used for applying original driving licence.
Applying for Duplicate License
You can apply for a duplicate driving Licence via offline or traditional method using the lld form for duplicate license, else can apply online. Please note, online application for duplicate driving licence are available with very few RTOs in Indian states, but hoping it to get propagated to all RTOs soon, for the convenience of a common man.
Duplicate Driving Licence – Offline Procedure
Majority of the RTOs operating in many states are in process of implementing system to enable online applications for duplicate driving license, till the time it is implemented we will have to apply for duplicate licence using lld application form with relevant documents.(If any).
- You may reach out to one of the nearby driving schools, who helps you to understand process for applying duplicate licence – They are registered agents with RTO, who can submit application in lieu of you.
- Finding a 3rd party agent is the easiest method. They do even help in filling the forms, so that you just have to sign it.
- Directly head to RTO office, talk to an officer sitting in the help desk/Info section of the office, who prepares a checklist needed for duplicate driving license.
- Ensure all particulars are filled in the lld form for duplicate driving license, attach necessary documents as prescribed by the RTO personnel.
- While paying the fee, RTA officer verifies all documents are in place as expected, Once verified you are good to leave the office.
- You will be provided with an acknowledgement slip, which you have to keep safe. Would be helpful to show while to a traffic police till the time you receive duplicate driving licence.
- You may receive duplicate driving license in not more than 2-3 weeks to the mentioned delivery address.
Duplicate Driving License – Online Procedure
As mentioned earlier, only few RTOs in Indian states offer facility to apply online for duplicate driving license, like Tamil nadu, Maharashtra etc, I will update the list as separate article. Still, let’s go through the process.
- You will have to fill Intimation of loss or destruction of driving license and application for duplicate licence online with no mistakes, to ensure the integrity of the application.
- Once the application is submitted, ensure to upload necessary documents online as a measure of how genuine and valid is the applicant.
- Once the application is filled, get a hard copy of the filled online form for duplicate license, attach requested documents as proof and passport site photograph without fail.
- Head to RTO office and submit the application with prescribed fee depending on smartcard/Laminated copy.
- You may receive duplicate driving license in not more than 2-3 weeks to the mentioned delivery address.
Fee for Duplicate Driving License
It must be understood that the duplicate driving Licence will not be issued free of cost, and the transport department will be charging Rs.485 for the issuance. The payment can be made in cash, a demand draft or even a challan which will be issued. People can rest assured that they will soon be in possession of the duplicate driving Licence the time of which will be stipulated by The Transport Authority of India.
Addition of New Class of Vehicle to a DL
A person holding a driving licence for Motor Cycle ( Bike ) may similarly apply for addition of a light motor vehicle (Car etc.) at any time. Documents Required are
- Valid Driving Licence.
- Valid Learners’ Licence for the category.
- Application in Form 8.
- Form 1(Self declaration as to the physical fitness for Non- Transport vehicles only).
- Form 1A (Medical Certificate-for Transport Vehicles only).
- Fees as prescribed along with user charges.
Multiple Types of Driving Licence
1. International Driving License/Permit
An International Driving License Permit is issued to a resident Indian who holds a valid Indian Driving Licence. An International Driving License permit (IDP) allows an Indian citizen to drive motor vehicle in a foreign country. The International Drivers Licence permit (IDP) has multiple language translation of the existing driving license and is similar to a passport in appearance.
The International Driving Licence Permit [IDP] will only be issued to an Indian resident who also holds a valid driving license.This is the primary criteria which need to be followed when candidates are looking forward to applying for the International drivers Licence IDP.
The IDP will also have information about the personal details of the candidate along with the categorization of the vehicle he or she is allowed to drive.
Apply For An International Driving License Permit (IDP)
- The International Driving Licence Permit [IDP] is a document which has multiple language translations of various countries where the candidate could be required to use the authorization provided by the transport department.
- Holders of a drivers license within India will not find it difficult to apply for an International Driving Permit IDP because they would have in possession all the information needed for driving in the local conditions.
- Those who are planning to apply for International Driving Licence Permit (IDP), should visit the nearest RTO to understand the requirements for Documents, fee details and Application form.
Application Form for International Driving License IDP
- There is a specific Application form to be used while applying International Driving Licence Permit (IDP) and submitting it to the RTO.
- You can download Application form for IDP from the link listed at the end of this article.
- Driving Schools/Agents also will be helping to get an application form for International License.
- Road Transport Authority has released form for IDP (Form CMV 4-A) as the Form for the Issue of International Driving Permit.
- Application should be filled with Personal Particulars, name, address, existing driving licence number, and the destination country the applicant planning to move Internationally.
Documents for International Driving Licence Permit (IDP)
International Driving License Permit is issued after verifying below Documents. Read further requirements,
Four Important Documents
- You can only make an application for a International Driving Licence Permit (IDP) yourself if you have gone beyond the age of 18.
- Should have earned a Valid Driving Licence in India.
- Duly filled application form, Form CMV 4-A, for International Driving License Permit (IDP).
- Three passport sized photographs.
Procedure for Obtaining International Driving Licence Permit (IDP)
- Applicaiton Form CMV 4-A available in the office/download from website.
- IDP Fee of Rs. 500/- (to be payable at Cash Counter).
- Original Valid Driving Licence + Passport + Visa + Air Ticket ( with one set xerox copies)
- Medical Certificate in form CMV 1 & CMV 1A shall be enclosed along with the application.
- Three Recent passport size photographs.
- Candidate should be physically present in person.
- Applicant shall appear for re-test if the Driving Licence issued is within three months.
- The address in the Driving licence should fall under the jurisdiction of the Regional Transport office to where the application for IDP is being made.
2. Commercial Driving License
Commercial Driving License An official document which is provided by the transport department within India to its citizens is a Commercial Driving licence which certifies that the holder is competent to operate a passenger vehicle in public areas and on the highways.
Procedure for Commercial Driving Licence
The Regional Transport Office within Country has specified certain guidelines which people will be required to follow those who apply for Commercial Driving Licence.
The guidelines specified are mentioned below:
- It is mandatory for every candidate to apply for a learner’s driving Licence initially regardless of whether the document issued will be used to operate commercial or private vehicles within India.
- The Commercial Driving Licenseapplicant must be over the age of 18 and in some states, the age factor has been relaxed until 22. The applicant must have received primary education and must have at least completed their eighth grade.
- They will be required to pass a written test before the learner’s driving Licence is issued. The applicant will be in a position to apply for a Commercial Driving License after an appropriate period as specified by The Regional Transport Office.
- The applicants must also pass the practical tests which will be conducted when they eventually are ready to apply for the commercial driving Licence.
Rather than obtaining a commercial driving Licence from unscrupulous individuals people are advised to follow the specifications mentioned by The Transport Authority of India because they are the sole authorities who can specify whether the candidate who has obtained a Commercial Driving Licence [CDL] from Kerala or any other Regional Transport Office is competent to drive on the roads.
3.Taxi Drivers Licence
India is a vast country which does not have a competent public transport system.The lack of adequate public transport has made it essential for a number of Indians to commute to different places by using the services of a taxi. This has in turn brought about a demand for competent taxi drivers.
These are people who are required to drive a commercial vehicle and therefore, obliged by The Transport Authority of India to hold a taxi driver license.
While the rules applicable for obtaining a taxi driver license are not distinctive some differences will become notable when people decide to apply for the license. Let us look at various factors which people must consider before applying for a taxi driver license.
Procedure for Taxi Driving License
- Perhaps the most prominent among the requirements will be to have adequate knowledge of the city in which the taxi will be operated.The subject of holding a driving license cannot be overlooked either.
- Firstly, if the individual desiring to make an application is required to go through the process and obtaining a learning license which will allow him the opportunity to learn to drive a vehicle.
- The individual must become fully adept at handling the vehicle while also giving equal importance to the rules and relations which need to be followed.
- Being fully versant with the city in which the taxi will be operated will also prove helpful.
People applying for a taxi driver license must understand that having a clean record without any misdemeanors against their name is an essential part because of a number of incidents, which have taken place throughout the country.
The Cost of A Taxi Driver License
The cost of every document issued by The Transport Authority Of India is different and that of a taxi driver, license is no exception to this rule.
Drivers operating a taxi fall within the category of commercial vehicles and the transport department have specified that the fee applicable for the license will be Rs.1560. This includes any service charges, which are also relevant.
Taxi Driving License Badge
- Drivers of commercial vehicles within India are required also to have a badge apart from the driving license.
- Taxis in India are designated within the category of commercial vehicles because they are ferrying around passengers for commercial reasons and therefore, people applying for a taxi driver license will also need to apply for the badge as specified by the transport department.
- The badge does not have a validly of 20 years like the license and will need to be renewed every three years by the holder.
4. JCB, HGV, Excavator Driving License
The type of equipment most commonly used by these businesses relates to JCB and cranes, which are required to operate within their business. However, these are all equipments which are motorized and can be driven from one site to another.
The individual appointed to drive this equipment is therefore required to hold a licence issued by The Transport Department of India and follow all the rules and regulations, which have been specified for heavy vehicle licence holders.
- Heavy construction equipment is usually utilized in warehouses, mines and manufacturing facilities.However, the requirements of businesses engaged in the real estate segment has also increased the demand for such equipment.
- Heavy construction equipment has a weight capacity of over 7.5 tons and therefore, an individual who is looking forward to driving the equipment spoken about will need to apply for heavy vehicle driving licence.
- The candidate will be required to go through all the processes that have been specified by the licensing authority.
- This includes providing any documentation, which is required for the verification and the location of the candidate when applying for a driving licence within this category.
Time Required for Driving Licence
Once the Driving License Test is completed, you should be receiving driving licence via Registered Post with in 15-20 days.
Further Reads :
- Driving Licence in Kerala
- Driving License in Bangalore
- Driving License in Rajasthan
- Driving Licence in Kolkata
- Driving License in West Bengal
- Driving License in Tamil Nadu
- Driving License in Telangana
- Driving License in Karnataka
- Driving License in Andhra Pradesh
- Driving License in Delhi
- Driving License in UP Uttar Pradesh
References and Applications forms
- RTO Office Directory – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_RTO_districts_in_India
- Official Govt of India Website – https://india.gov.in/gsearch?s=Driving%20Licence
- Sarathi – https://sarathi.nic.in:8443/nrportal/sarathi/HomePage.jsp
- West bengal – http://vahan.wb.nic.in/wb/gui/jsp/websitePages/DownloadFiles/form-4.pdf
- Gujarat – http://rtogujarat.gov.in/documents/form/licence/form_2.pdf
- Uttar Pradesh – http://www.uptransport.org/forms/form9.pdf
- Tamil Nadu – http://cms.tn.gov.in/sites/default/files/forms/form9_0.pdf
- Kerala –https://smartweb.keralamvd.gov.in/kmvdnew/services/licenseservices/licencerenewal.php
- Karnataka – http://www.rto.kar.nic.in/default14.asp
- Punjab –http://www.punjabtransport.nic.in/forms/CMV%20FORM%209.pdf
- Goa – https://egov.goa.nic.in/niceservices/RTO/DL_renewal.aspx