Karnataka Transport and Motor Vehicle Department website offers Unique feature to Search for Vehicle Owner and Registration Details. If you are planning to buy a used car, bike, or transport vehicles in Karnataka, it is mandatory to know the previous vehicle Registration details to avoid any scam behind it. Lets do Search for Vehicle owner in official Website of Karnataka MVD.
Lets take a Look on how to utilize the Service Offered by Karnataka MVD Vehicle ownership and Registration details in karnataka.
Benefits of Getting Vehicle Ownership Details
Main Advantage of searching Vehicle owner is that you would get Registration details of a vehicle.If there is any case of Hit and Run cases occurs, it would be really easy to search the vehicle owner in order to proceed with legal proceedings
According to thehindu.com, Karnataka is at third place in road accidents. Bad is it ?
While you plan to purchase a vehicle, to avoid any bogus sellers or signing a wrong deal with the agent, its mandatory to verify the documentation to ensure things are going smooth. Lets praise, Karnataka MVD, Motor Vehicles Department and Transport Department for revealing the details.
Four Methods to Search a Vehicle Owner in Karnataka
Karnataka Transport Dept and Motor Vehicle Department Let you Search for Vehicle Registration Details in four ways
1. With Vehicle Registration No.
In India Motor vehicle Department (MVD) has utilized the below format for vehicle registration. Current format of the registration number is of 4 parts, They are:
Sample Reg No : KA 03 HM 1624
- The First Two Letters/ alphabets of vehicle registration denotes the state or territory where the vehicle belongs to.
- Third and Fourth numeric Digits speak about the District where the vehicle owner registered the vehicle. Please note, this number cannot be randomly chosen as its officialy registered by te Govt.
- Alphabets are assigned to deal with high count of vehicle registration in Karnataka. If needed, owner may wait for desired fancy number booking.
- Last 4 dgits are assigned based on the sequence of registrations.
2. Using Engine chase No.
You are allowed to track a vehicle owner details using the Engine Chassis number. Chassis number is a unique ID No# assigned by the vehicle manufacturer. RC Book and Insurance Document must have the Engine Chassis
number. If not, you may physically inspect the Chassis number from the vehicle you wish to own.
3. Via SMS
Karnataka Motorvehicle Department Implemented tracking Feature via SMS to find a vehicle owner and other Registration Details. Lets take a look how to do it
BSNL Customers note 53725, Rest all Connection holders can be tracked using 537252
- Vehicle Registration Details – Name and Other Details.
MVD V<VEHICLE NO>
- Various Applications Status Submitted to the Motor Vehicles Department – MVD A<INVARD NO>
a. Permit Status – MVD P<VEHICLE NO>
b. Tax Details – MVD T<VEHICLE NO>
c. New Vehicle Registration status – MVD N<INVARD NO>
d. Fancy Number Booking status MVD F<booked no.>
How to Search Vehicle Ownership and Registration Details in aptransport.in
- Official Website of Karnataka transport or Vahan to search vehicle owner is listed below.
- Open Karnataka website in new tab, new Window.
- Enter Vehicle Registration number OR Chassis number of the vehicle you wish to track.
- Complete Captcha and click on Get to complete the tracking process. Below is how you get the result.
Particulars You May Get While tracing Registration Details
- Owner Name
- With Effect From – Registration Date.
- Dealer Name
- Tax Details
- Category Details of the Vehicle
- Validity of Vehicle
RTO Offices in Karnataka
Below is the List of RTO Offices in Karnataka. Do let us know in Comments If you find any outdated info.
RTO Locations RTO Code Koramangala, Bangalore KA01 Rajajinagar, Bangalore KA02 Indiranagar, Bangalore KA03 Yeshwanthpur, Bangalore KA04 Jayanagar, Bangalore KA05 Tumkur KA06 Kolar KA07 Kolar Gold Fields KA08 Mysore KA09 Chamrajnagar KA10 Mandya KA11 Madikeri KA12 Hassan KA13 Shimoga KA14 Sagar KA15 Chitradurga KA16 Davangere KA17 Chickmagalur KA18 Mangalore KA19 Udupi KA20 Puttur KA21 Belgaum KA22 Chikkodi KA23 Bailhongal KA24 Dharwad KA25 Gadag KA26 Haveri KA27 Vijapura KA28 Bagalkot KA29 Karwar KA30 Sirsi KA31 Kalaburagi KA32 Yadgir KA33 Bellary KA34 Hospet KA35 Raichur KA36 Koppal KA37 Bidar KA38 Bhalki KA39 Chikkaballapur KA40 Kengeri KA41 Ramanagar, Bangalore KA42 Devanahalli, Bangalore KA43 Tiptur, Tumkur district KA44 Hunsur, Mysore District KA45 Sakleshpur, Hassan District KA46 Honnavar, Uttarakannada District KA47 Jamkhandi, Bagalkote District KA48 Gokak, Belguam District KA49 Yelhanka, Bangalore KA50 Banneraghatta, Bangalore KA51 Nelamangala, Bangalore District KA52 K.R.Puram, Bangalore KA53 Nagamangala, Mandya District KA54 Mysore KA55 Basavakalyan KA56 Shantinagar, Bangalore KA57 Banashankari KA58 Chamrajpet, Bengaluru Dist – 560019 KA59 R.T. Nagar, Bengaluru District KA60 Marathahalli KA61 Surathkal, Mangaluru KA62 Hubballi – 580026 KA63 Madhugiri, Tumakuru District – 572132 KA64 Dandeli – 581325 KA65 Tarikere, Chikkamagaluru District KA66
If you think a vehicle belongs to you or the ones around, You must provide sufficient document proof RC book, Insurance, your ID and Address proof to the nearest RTO to take it further. Official website
Should you have any queries ? Let us know in Comments